missing modules - SOLVED

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
silden

missing modules - SOLVED

Post by silden »

I am missing modules! They have just gone and this makes me verry verry worried.
I put an urgent support ticket over 8 hrs ago now but no response.

What if I was gigging with this kit? I.d be a laughing stock and there would be serious consequences to my business.

I now realize how vulnerable I am because the software is not under our control. I cannot just reload it from a backup or even from Cherry audios system because according to my library these modules just not there!

These are just modules that I have noticed. what if there are others? There does not seem an easy way to keep track of inventory or instantly tie up with orders easily.

I really like this stuff but now see a major flaw and I don't know that I feel safe investing so much time and $$S in something so far out of my control.

I'll see what CA come back with when they answer my ticket but I think I may need to leave this well alone..

....and what if CA go out of business? Everyone's investment would be lost wouldn,'t it? And what about our live sets? Instantly gone! - this is freaking me out!!!
Last edited by silden on Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
HowlingMod

Re: very unhappy. I see this as as Big flaw with cherry audio

Post by HowlingMod »

you can use VM offline. no problem.
you are missing modules?

i had a problem that all my modules were gone, the first time it happened, on one of my systems, other system worked with no probs.
they were loaded again, although, they had to be there. a glitch.

the missing modules you can check your account; orders. the library is indeed online, and me thinks also offline.

for to be completely clear: VM works offline, just checked it. and i already knew.
the library is also stored locally.

the missing modules? it can be a glitch, i don't experience at this time any strange behavior.

which modules are missing?? (license problem, forget to buy? if not, then, reinstall VM). via downloads. on the site.
login again with e-mail and password.
check you online account, if the modules you are missing are placed under orders.

but if you are gigging, without internet. no prob. (although the patch i loaded, had the reason rack plugin, and that needs a login, it can also be done offline, reason, but..).

reinstall VM, is your password set ok, do you login into VM? (login is automatically, but you can also force manual, in the settings.)
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
silden

Re: missing modules

Post by silden »

@HowlingMud
the missing modules are the poly MS modules. I am fairly sure they were there and I had already used them in the past few days I guess they could have been demos I suppose. Saying that I have bought CA Core, year 1 and year 2 bundles so they should appear somewhere because afaik that is everything CA.

I'm going to change the title of this thread as I think it was a kneejerk reaction. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation when CA support get around to it. Its not really changed my opinion of spending so much money with so little control though. I think it's dangerous and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. It's this exact issue why I don't buy software requiring iLok. I didn't realise this of CA though as it is so seamless.

edit.....
I just went through all the CA modules in the store and all say owned with the exception of these two which say buy in bundle.
Maybe this is just a simple mistake?? Maybe they forgot to add them in bundle I bought. I really though I'd tried them though.

if this was the case though I would imagine it would be affecting more than just me.

edit2....
I do not have MS presets either. I think they just forgot to add these to the year one bundle.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

I feel your pain and anxiety.
No problem here with the Ms bundle, mono or poly, including presets.

Personally, after a live looping concert that left me with a blue screen of death right in the middle of ascension, i stopped relying on computers
for live, too shaky.

Btw, i love your misspelling : Howling Mud ! Haiku from hell image ... :lol:
dasmode

Post by dasmode »

Last edited by dasmode on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

silden wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:50 am @HowlingMud
    the missing modules are the poly MS modules. I am fairly sure they were there and I had already used them in the past few days I guess they could have been demos I suppose. Saying that I have bought CA Core, year 1 and year 2 bundles so they should appear somewhere because afaik that is everything CA.

I'm going to change the title of this thread as I think it was a kneejerk reaction. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation when CA support get around to it. Its not really changed my opinion of spending so much money with so little control though. I think it's dangerous and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. It's this exact issue why I don't buy software requiring iLok. I didn't realise this of CA though as it is so seamless.

edit.....
    I just went through all the CA modules in the store and all say owned with the exception of these two which say buy in bundle.
    Maybe this is just a simple mistake?? Maybe they forgot to add them in bundle I bought. I really though I'd tried them though.

if this was the case though I would imagine it would be affecting more than just me.

edit2....
    I do not have MS presets either. I think they just forgot to add these to the year one bundle.
    the poly ms modules are not a part of the one year bundle... i bought the one year bundle when it came out, i had already some modules, or even more than some. did the poly versions came out later? must be.. i could with the one year collection upgrade to the vintage bundle, for i don't anymore. but i could find in my orders... may 25 i upgraded to the vintage bundle, this year. most of the times, not always, it means it was then, the vintage bundle was expanded.
    Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

xuoham wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:50 am I feel your pain and anxiety.
    No problem here with the Ms bundle, mono or poly, including presets.

Personally, after a live looping concert that left me with a blue screen of death right in the middle of ascension, i stopped relying on computers
    for live, too shaky.

Btw, i love your misspelling : Howling Mud ! Haiku from hell image ... :lol:
    i see the the misspelling! Howling Mud! now. haha. better name!

but dasmode and my post crossed eachother. ms poly versions are not part of the one year bundle.

and: VM you can use offline, without problems. and if the website is down, no prob. of instance.

i have also overspend this sale. but i had luckily already spend too much, in previous says, luckily he says. yes, it is now for me a very expensive plugin.
    and i only own 414 (it shows 416, but that has another reason... i can't say why....) modules.

silden

Post by silden »

dasmode wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 pm

As the owner of Cherry Audio Year One Collection, you can buy the MS Vintage Bundle upgrade for $ 10 (I don't know what the price is now, but I bought it for $ 10 in this sale).
    Well that's not on at all. They sell all year one and two modules in two bundles but then don't include all the modules from year one and two? No-one in their right mind would hack off customers like that - surely!. That is not trustworthy. And why are those two modules so special anyway not to be included but also not to be sold separately. And the bundle is around 30 bucks now I think too.

If this is not a mistake then it's dishonest imo.
    HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

silden wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:28 pm
    dasmode wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 pm

As the owner of Cherry Audio Year One Collection, you can buy the MS Vintage Bundle upgrade for $ 10 (I don't know what the price is now, but I bought it for $ 10 in this sale).
    Well that's not on at all. They sell all year one and two modules in two bundles but then don't include all the modules from year one and two? No-one in their right mind would hack off customers like that - surely!. That is not trustworthy. And why are those two modules so special anyway not to be included but also not to be sold separately. And the bundle is around 30 bucks now I think too.

If this is not a mistake then it's dishonest imo.
    it is strange i agree, but the ms poly versions came later. of course they could change the one year bundle. but that means, other customers would be treated unfair. and with the modules i had, the upgrade price was right, but not that big a discount, enough to buy it. in a way, all was much cheaper in this sale, or if you didn't already owned 7 (i guess) or more modules. if i see it now, the discount was very fair. o don't know anymore.
    so the one year bundle, perhaps they should made another bundle.

but i think you get a discount for the ms vintage bundle, i did, others did.

i agree, i repeat, that it has something strange, but i repeat, again, the poly versions came later.

and in the one year bundle page, you can see what you get. and don't get.

silden

Post by silden »

HowlingMod wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 pm

it is strange i agree, but the ms poly versions came later. of course they could change the one year bundle. but that means, other customers would be treated unfair. and with the modules i had, the upgrade price was right, but not that big a discount, enough to buy it. in a way, all was much cheaper in this sale, or if you didn't already owned 7 (i guess) or more modules. if i see it now, the discount was very fair. o don't know anymore.
    so the one year bundle, perhaps they should made another bundle.

but i think you get a discount for the ms vintage bundle, i did, others did.

i agree, i repeat, that it has something strange, but i repeat, again, the poly versions came later.

and in the one year bundle page, you can see what you get. and don't get.
    The right way to do that would be like the MRB lab bundle. To add the later modules as extras so that everyone who bought the original would get them. What about the folk who bought the original MS bundle.. did they not get the polys added FOC when they came out later? I dunno?? Even if that wasn't the case and they came out after the year 1 bundle then they should have been included in the year 2 bundle. Whichever way you look at it it doesnt serve the customer well. and if it was an intentional marketting ploy to get an extra puchase out of folk then CA are not the people I want to do business with.

Good job I'm within my refund period if that is the case. At this point I have to give some benefit of doubt though as I have had no other reason to think of CA in anything but a good light and with a very good product.

Hopefully support will come back to me soon.

btw sorry for the nic mis-spell. I actually read it wrong to be honest :lol:

Return to “Voltage Modular”