voltage modular asked me to login and:

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
HowlingMod

voltage modular asked me to login and:

Post by HowlingMod »

i repeat:

last night, voltage modular asked me to login (it has my password, but it asked me to login, password always at hand, in a way..) and the catalog was empty, all modules were downloaded, the images weren't didn't have redownload.
don't know what happened. i used voltage modular yesterday, a few times.
on my laptop.

can be glitch.

on my desktop, the studio, don't use at the moment, bugfest! to many support tickets open.. i can work around it, but, sometimes, you get, o wel.
that is beside the point!

strange glitch. i remember that version 1 sometimes, asked for login, the password, but that was a long time ago. never with version 2, and never had: that all modules where "gone", and all where downloaded again.

it could be glitch, but i can't remember, what i did before, that would cause it.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
Kozmyk

Re: voltage modular asked me to login and:

Post by Kozmyk »

I yoo have just started getting this login demand every time now I go to use VM in my DAW (Studio One 5 Pro).
VM didn't used to keep asking me to login before.
While it's not exactly the end of the world it is both tedious and annoying.
I'm in there to make music, not to be interrogated every time.
silden

Post by silden »

Kozmyk wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:18 am
While it's not exactly the end of the world
Well it is if you are not connected to the internet anymore. :oops:

Not connecting to the internet was a solution offered to me in a previous thread to avoid the possibility of losing access.

This is exactly my fear with the way CA provides the product. There are too many ways it can go wrong imo. It only has to happen once at crucial time and ur fecked!

A one off glitch to one user is one thing but something more systemic would be very very worrying and would put CA stuff off the table for professional use imo.

I hope CA can find ways to fix and reassure soon.

I'm sure the will do that :-)
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

Kozmyk wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:18 am I yoo have just started getting this login demand every time now I go to use VM in my DAW (Studio One 5 Pro).
VM didn't used to keep asking me to login before.
While it's not exactly the end of the world it is both tedious and annoying.
I'm in there to make music, not to be interrogated every time.
it does not ask me to login anymore, not in any daw also, that i own (don't have studio one).
it did once: and all modules were re-downloaded. image cache was not cleared.

o well, on my desktop happened the same. but it didn't ask me for login, all my modules where gone, and they were re-downloaded.

you don't need an internet connection to work with VM. as already mentioned.

but 2 glitches on 2 systems, one with and one without login pop up; but modules were re-downloaded.

sometimes it can be that there is a "thread-confusement", it is known that when you boot your pc, i driver can't load for instance, because it didn't get the time. o that isn't thread related. sometimes things happen too fast, and some code is not executed. not expert terms.
i believe it isn't a problem anymore, but still.

perhaps voltage modular couldn't get access, better the access time was too slow, so it decided, the modules aren't there.

it could happen when you close a program, and open another program very quickly after closing a program. i sometimes notice that with cubase.
closing a program, a lot of garbage collecting, processes killed, links killed (hosts), etc. sometimes this takes time and when another program starts there can be a mix up.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Return to “Voltage Modular”