Help Wanted: Show/Hide Cables Makes No Difference - SOLVED!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
huggermugger

Re: Help Wanted: Show/Hide Cables Makes No Difference - SOLVED!

Post by huggermugger »

seal58 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:04 am I've seen it for a long time: "100 % transparency" means cables are fully transparent and so are unvisible! :?
[/i]
:idea: After years it should be a task for CA to fix that in 2022. "Trancparency" is just the wrong labeling for that slider. For that what it does it should be "Opacity".

Roland
Agreed. The usual term for that function in software is "Opacity". This makes the 0 - 100% scale sensible. How clearly do I want to see the cables? A little? A lot?
Steve W

Re: Help Wanted: Show/Hide Cables Makes No Difference - SOLVED!

Post by Steve W »

huggermugger wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:17 pm How clearly do I want to see the cables? A little? A lot?
YES!!! So the parameter should be "Clarity" and go from 0 to 100%. That way numbers closer to 0% will mean the cables are not clearly seen ("a little" - you can see right through them) and numbers closer to 100% will mean the cables are seen very clearly ("alot" - you can't see through them). "Clarity" is shorter than "Transparency" and less obtuse than "Opacity." When the cables are clearly seen, the cables themselves will not be clear at all. :D

Return to “Voltage Modular”