MIDI for Set Default Value and Bypass Module

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
davidamo

MIDI for Set Default Value and Bypass Module

Post by davidamo »

Hi,

is there a way to learn MIDI for setting the default value of a knob? now I do it with double clicking but would be great to MIDIfy it. The same for Bypass Module, I know there are some modules that have a button for this, I think it should be on almost all modules mainly FX.

thanks
schoekah

Re: MIDI for Set Default Value and Bypass Module

Post by schoekah »

does right clicking the module/module preset/save as do what you want?
davidamo

Post by davidamo »

Nope,

What I mean is: you can activate in the VM settings the option "sets default value" when double click . So you can move a knob and double click it to set it to the original position.
This is what I would like to MIDIfy, the double click option with a MIDI controller.

And the same with Bypass Module option in the right click menu of any module, in case the module has not a button for it.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

I'd pick up your MIDI controller user manual, and reprogram some of your knobs to make the range of values it sends smaller, so rather than send all the values in the range 0-127 it now sends everything from 38-38 (for example).

For bypass module, I'd use a 1x8 switch with 2 paths, one being an alternate path that skips the module to bypass, and trigger the switch with CV or MIDI learn.
davidamo

Post by davidamo »

I'd pick up your MIDI controller user manual, and reprogram some of your knobs to make the range of values it sends smaller, so rather than send all the values in the range 0-127 it now sends everything from 38-38 (for example).

Yes this is the first solution i thought but would be great to do it easier

For bypass module, I'd use a 1x8 switch with 2 paths, one being an alternate path that skips the module to bypass, and trigger the switch with CV or MIDI learn.

And this one is the logic solution but if we use software I think we must use this advantage to make things easy.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

davidamo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:14 am I'd pick up your MIDI controller user manual, and reprogram some of your knobs to make the range of values it sends smaller, so rather than send all the values in the range 0-127 it now sends everything from 38-38 (for example).

Yes this is the first solution i thought but would be great to do it easier

And this one is the logic solution but if we use software I think we must use this advantage to make things easy.
[this has been edited a few times for politeness]
You don't want to use your MIDI controller to help you control MIDI, and use the functions that it's specifically designed to do, and would rather ask the voltage modular developers to add functions to make their hardware emulator act less like hardware emulation?
Last edited by schoekah on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

Return to “Voltage Modular”