Sync bug in Super LFO module

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Aural404

Sync bug in Super LFO module

Post by Aural404 »

Hi, all

I'm noticing a bit of an inconsistent sync bug in the Super LFO module. I'm looking at comparing the pulses from the sync generator with the rising edge of the Super LFO synced to the same sync generator and seeing that by adjusting the Divider setting in the LFO, I am getting inconsistent offsets between the sync pulse and the rising edge. I've attached an image of what I'm seeing.

Steps to reproduce:

VM 2.0.17
macOS 10.15.5
VM in Standalone Mode

1. Add a Super LFO module, connect to channel A of the oscilloscope
2. Add a sync generator, connect to channel B of the oscilloscope and the Sync input of the Super LFO
3. Adjust the rate and zoom window of the scope so you can see the pulses and rising edge of the LFO (will need to be fully zoomed out and with a low rate for the Sync Generator)
4. Adjust the Super LFO Division to 1/32
5. Adjust the Super LFO Division to a different value
6. Adjust the Super LFO Division back to 1/32
7 Repeat steps 5 & 6 and note that the rising edge of the LFO will sometimes be perfectly in sync, but frequently (I'm seeing >50%) not.

This certainly isn't the end of the world, but as I'm looking at incorporating this in a DAW and with external modular hardware, inconsistent offsets like this can be a pain when trying to put together tightly synced patches and systems. Not sure if it's a "bug" or a "feature", but since it's inconsistent, I'm leaning toward the former ;)

Related, if it's on the TODO list, being able to zoom much, MUCH further out in the Oscilloscope so we can more easily see very slow waveforms or those that are modulated over long periods of time would be a really cool thing.

Cheers!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 8.34.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 8.34.52 AM.png (710.5 KiB) Viewed 3660 times

Return to “Voltage Modular”