Pro tools not sending 'PLAY' message to drum trigger

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
engybaby

Pro tools not sending 'PLAY' message to drum trigger

Post by engybaby »

Hi all!

I can't seem to figure why PT does not send a start/stop trigger to Drum Trigger anywhere in a section of a song. It will only trigger at the beginning
where the little red diamond is and not by the blue start position. Please see picture. This is I suspect a PT issue - but I need this to work.
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 16.22.41.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 16.22.41.jpg (111.6 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Any ideas would be great!

Thanks
schoekah

Re: Pro tools not sending 'PLAY' message to drum trigger

Post by schoekah »

Hi,

not a protools guy, but since the response has been less than overwhelming, figured I'd boldly go where angels fear to tread. . .

the docs page. . .
https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... um-trigger

says that the drum trigger needs an incoming MIDI note on a track in your DAW for each CV trigger that it sends. like the default MIDI note 36, which is a C2, needs to be on your track for each beat of a given drum. I don't see any MIDI info on any track, and without knowing much about protools, I wouldn't expect the rulers up top to be able to supply note info. I'd expect that you would have to open up a piano roll and draw in those C2 notes, or bash them in with a MIDI keyboard controller, on track 2, then config track 1 with VM as a plugin to accept MIDI in from track 2.

or something like that. . .

Return to “Voltage Modular”