CPU Meter (stand alone)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
SLiC

CPU Meter (stand alone)

Post by SLiC »

Is there any CPU monitoring option? It would be good to have this on the taskbar or control panel?

VCV has quite a nice option where it shows CPU 'per module', but to be honest I can normally trouble shoot just by adding/taking away modules and seeing the affect on the CPU (or how close I am getting to the limit!)
andro

Re: CPU Meter (stand alone)

Post by andro »

What is the real issue?
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

andro wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 pm What is the real issue?
I am not really sure what you mean, almost all DAWS and sequencers have CPU monitoring, it helps not get crackles and pops by overloading?
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

VCV is a huge resource hog - I'd hate to have more overhead running behind the scenes in VM when your OS has either task manager (windows) or activity monitor (MacOS) built in to monitor RAM and CPU and give you nice graphs, (windows: with an "always on top" option and minimal interface if you double click on it) if that's your jam. . .
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

I don't think a CPU display is a lot of overhead. There is one displayed in perminaneltly in all the DAWS I have used (Live, Bitwig, Cubase, Studio One, Reaper and even Maschine!) so I guess some people (including me) find them useful.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

this was feature recquest i also wanted to make.

it is great, to see, how much of the buffer is use,

it is never a cpu meter.. (o well reaper has it, but the real feedback that is usefull: buffer load).

i make my patches standalone, so it is great to see, how much it uses. so i can determine, if it in a daw can work...

so no cpu meter, but a asio load, or better a buffer load meter (is that a term), but that is i what i want to see..
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
MC242

Post by MC242 »

I was just about to make the same request.
But it's already here for quite a long time.
So I second and third and fourth this!
PLEASE! Thank you!
Ade

Post by Ade »

HowlingMod wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:09 am this was feature recquest i also wanted to make.

it is great, to see, how much of the buffer is use,

it is never a cpu meter.. (o well reaper has it, but the real feedback that is usefull: buffer load).

i make my patches standalone, so it is great to see, how much it uses. so i can determine, if it in a daw can work...

so no cpu meter, but a asio load, or better a buffer load meter (is that a term), but that is i what i want to see..
This.

Return to “Voltage Modular”