Focus

Quadra emulates one of the quirkiest, rarest, and most curiosity-inspiring vintage synthesizers of all time, the 1978 ARP Quadra.
Rivermint

Focus

Post by Rivermint »

Happy owner of Mercury 4 here. While on Mercury 4 Focus works perfectly to see upper portion of the screen with Quadra its really different situation. Sonically Quadra is interesting and Im considering buying it, but this issue holds me back. Visually Quadra is not so much clear to see little sliders. Even with Focus its getting bit weird also because the upper portion of the screen dont fit to magnified Focus view, so the user doesnt see the buttons on thebottom of bass, strings, etc. When the little scroll is applied and the buttons are visible, then dissapear the important classic ARP info VCO, VCA. Also the scroll is different and smaller to that one used in Mercury 4. So my point is, if there is a chance to modify Focus functions, so that its more user friendly?
Rivermint

Re: Focus

Post by Rivermint »

UPDATE:

I bought the licence, because sound is phenomenal. But my wish/hope to upgrade Focus still stands. I think its relevant. Lets see if other users have similar problems or Im only one half-blind. Or bigger monitor is needed? How others deal with such complex and small sliders, which is less visible. Thank you Cherry Audio for Quadra.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I tried Focus and now I cannot undo it. Nothing on the top row works, including the Reset button. What's the secret? UPDATE: Completely uninstalling and then reinstalling the demos (Quadra & Mercury-4) solved the problem for me. Just reinstalling did not.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Here's something to try: hold down the Ctrl or Cmd key and click to focus on a desired area. Do it again to reset the view.

Greg
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Thanks for the tip, Greg. If it happens again I will try that.

Return to “Quadra Synthesizer”