PDF User Manual now availalbe

DarkStar

PDF User Manual now availalbe

Post by DarkStar »

I've extracted the content from the CA/<RB online web pages for the VM900 and VM2500 modules.

You can find the PDF over here:
https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/article/ ... umentation

If [Download] causes any problem, try [View].
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
farjedi

Re: PDF User Manual now availalbe

Post by farjedi »

Very useful, thanks!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I am test driving the VM900 now but don't see either the VM900 or VM2500 on the link cited above. Where can I find them?

I just found the correct manual link at KVR: REDACTED.

UPDATE: It looks like someone changed the link I had posted. I cannot imagine that I didn't triple check the link when I posted it. I cannot find it by searching KVR either. Maybe it contained proprietary information? Maybe someone told KVR to remove it? Maybe it was removed by the person who posted it?

If it was changed by someone, I kind of doubt it was done maliciously.

UPDATE: On second thought, there was a lot of negativity on KVR including some bad-mouthing of CA products. Recently someone from CA got involved at KVR by responding to some of the KVR posts. So, maybe there was a decision to remove all links to KVR here.

NEW UPDATE: I have removed the link above for two reasons (1) It was not the link where I found the document (I assume someone at CA changed it as is probably their legal right as owner of this forum), and (2) I have looked where the substituted link said to look and I cannot find the document.

Maybe there were legal issues between Moog and CA/MRB. Maybe the manual was in error or outdated. Maybe it is being updated. I don't know. I just felt personally obligated to remove the false impression given by the link since it was part of my post (presumably edited by someone else).
Last edited by Steve W on Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
emspace

Post by emspace »

Can someone please tell me why this was taken down and replaced with a notice regarding the instruments and effects manuals? Clearly DarkStar went to a lot of work to provide documentation specifically for VM900 and VM2500, which do NOT have manuals, being bundles of individual modules. Now they're gone. Why???
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

emspace wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:19 pm Can someone please tell me why this was taken down and replaced with a notice regarding the instruments and effects manuals? Clearly DarkStar went to a lot of work to provide documentation specifically for VM900 and VM2500, which do NOT have manuals, being bundles of individual modules. Now they're gone. Why???
If you need it I can send it to you. I agree, why did they take it down?
emspace

Post by emspace »

huggermugger wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:33 pm If you need it I can send it to you. I agree, why did they take it down?
That would be awesome, thanks! Email is mha at bell dot net.
scottmetoyer

Post by scottmetoyer »

We recently rolled out automated PDF versions of our manuals but accidentally missed these very important ones. Thanks for the heads up!

I've re-linked the Cherry Audio and Cherry Audio/MRB manuals at the top of their respective pages on our documentation site. Here are the direct download links as well:

https://docs.cherryaudio.com/pdf/VM_modules.pdf

https://docs.cherryaudio.com/pdf/CAMRB_modules.pdf

Thanks again for catching this.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Thanks!! A number of us have been waiting for these to be made available again.

Return to “Cherry Audio/MRB”