Feature Request: Establish Usage as FX

Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970's, the Roland Jupiter-4.
timmsusa

Feature Request: Establish Usage as FX

Post by timmsusa »

Hi, the space echo seems amazing to me and I asked myself about load this as Effekt VST FX, AU FX? As far from my knowledge it should not be the big deal to compile the software with this option. Even more see other Synth Plugins mostly offer this option without any further costs.

Thanks for attention

Best Regards!
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Establish Usage as FX

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! We've had a few requests for this.

Greg
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

CA2600 and PS-20 both work as plugins, not just instruments... so it's definitely possible from a technical stand point. But those synths are also semi-modular, so it's easy to patch and route audio in ways that you can't with the Mercury 4.

Perhaps instead Cherry Audio could release "Cosmic Delay", a freestanding plugin version of their take on a classic beloved tape echo... (shut up and take my money!) :D
timmsusa

Post by timmsusa »

Hi @tgrey,

yea really funny as I am seeing now they really did... Hmmm, little tooth tackling´shly spending another 10 euros at least hoping to have great tape echo fx for its own. Even discount from 30 to 10 Euros.. seems fair enough.. ok common. What costs the world??? I take that... BUM TSCHACK!
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

It's the Stardust 201: https://cherryaudio.com/products/stardust-201

Lots of requests for this after we released Mercury-4.
timmsusa

Post by timmsusa »

Hi,

yea I already have it running here playing and fiddling arround. From the first feeling awesome stuff guys!! Seems like good work you did.. even cranked up the input and intensity... muted input afterwards... now you can hear beautiful endless feedback loop ... .very very very nice you Cherry Guys! :-)

Cheers Tim
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

After a really rough week, this just made me day.

Thanks *SO* much for putting this out CA, an instant buy and instant favorite for me!
timmsusa

Post by timmsusa »

Your welcome and honor for all developers and engineers leaving sweat and blood for it. I mean you even be fair with all guys already bought mercury. You always deliver best quality. All of your products are performing so so lovely and nice!! Thanks so much even for free Surrealistic... You are far way on the top at my list for best software audio company at the moment over the world. Good, fair and even nice! Just keep on holding, looking forward!

Thumbs up and best regards!
cherryMitch

Post by cherryMitch »

Thank you so much Timms! More cool stuff is on the way, as always!

Return to “Mercury-4 Synthesizer”