Feature request: Move sliders relative to click start

Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970's, the Roland Jupiter-4.
geiry

Feature request: Move sliders relative to click start

Post by geiry »

Hi,

First off, great sounding synth! Didn't know about Cherry Audio before a week or two ago and are really impressed by your synth catalog. Definitely getting this one.

One thing I'd like changed in the GUI is how sliders are moved. Now they jump to the position you click, even if you click on the handle as the handle will align to the top of the mouse pointer. A bit annoying when I want to really fine adjust a parameter. I'd love (an option) to make them relative to where you clicked in the slider area, like the sliders in many other plugins behave (TAL, Arturia, U-HE for instance).
First world problems I know :D
kozzy303

Re: Feature request: Move sliders relative to click start

Post by kozzy303 »

Try hold the CTRL key then click on the slider, it allows for fine adjustments of the slider and also the slider doesn't jump to the position of the pointer.
Maig

Post by Maig »

Just registered to this forum to say the same thing. That jump every time you touch the sliders is very, very annoying.

I know you can hold down the CTRL key, but the default behaviour should be a bit more usable IMO.

In fact, while we're at it. It would be good to have a preference for how fast the slider respond to mouse movements, like a multiplier, so you can set it to 50% or so.
geiry

Post by geiry »

Maig wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:30 pm Just registered to this forum to say the same thing. That jump every time you touch the sliders is very, very annoying.

I know you can hold down the CTRL key, but the default behaviour should be a bit more usable IMO.
Yep. This has unfortunately kept me from checking more Cherry synths. I'm picky about the UI as there are so many other great choices out there. I don't want to use modifiers every time I want to make a change. Movement should be relative to mousedown position, either on the control or at least the handle.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

This problem seems to apply to all sliders in CA software including Voltage Modular. It's very annoying having to hold down CTRL in order to work around it.

Several people have complained about it including Mark Barton who raised the problem in a post over two years ago.
Maig

Post by Maig »

I just downloaded the demo for Mercury 6 to see if this problem still persists. Turns out that it has been taken care of in the Mercury 6, the sliders respond much better now, they default to a slower movement, making precise adjustments easier, no more jumping.

I hope Cherry Audio will apply this to all their other soft synths now. It makes a world of difference to have those sliders respond properly

Return to “Mercury-4 Synthesizer”