FR: Selecting presets from a DAW or MIDI controller

Memorymode is based upon one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synthesizers of the 80s, the legendary Memorymoog synthesizer.

Would you find this useful?

Yes, it will be very useful
100%
Yes, please,
No votes
No, I do not need it
No votes
Gone fishing
No votes

Total votes: 4

DarkStar

FR: Selecting presets from a DAW or MIDI controller

Post by DarkStar »

The Cherry Audio instruments have hundreds of patches / presets. But only the first 128 (in "All presets") can be selected using Program Change MIDI messages from a DAW or MIDI controller. Bank MSB and LSB messages seem to be ignored.

it would be great if we could select any of the presets using PC messages.

One suggestion is to assign each of the 18 Categories in the Preset Browser (including Favourites and Recent) to a different Bank. So for example Bank (LSB) 3, PC 4 selects "Basses / Bass 1" and Bank 17, PC 8 selects the "Strings / Overture".

Bank and PC numbers both start at 0. And, from what I have checked, none of the Categories has more than 127 presets (but if it ever did then that Category could be split into 2).

PS This applies to all instruments. Memory was the one I used for my example.
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
Steve W

Re: FR: Selecting presets from a DAW or MIDI controller

Post by Steve W »

This thread (and survey) is another reason to have a General category in the Forum under Instruments. The Feature Request and Survey pertains to multiple Instruments. Apologies if it already exists and I didn't see it yet.

Return to “Memorymode Synthesizer”