Memorymode Dead Notes

Memorymode is based upon one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synthesizers of the 80s, the legendary Memorymoog synthesizer.
mechdsn

Memorymode Dead Notes

Post by mechdsn »

I absolutely love the sound of this VST (Memorymode) and to me, it completely blows away any of my Arturia V Collection 8 VSTs! The only problem I'm running into is that it keeps developing dead keys on the keyboard after playing it for a few minutes. Even after all the other notes are released, the keys that are dead stay dead and won't play until I switch to a different sound and then back to the original sound. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Laptop Info:
Alienware 17 R4
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Memorymode Dead Notes

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Not sure what would cause that. Sometimes people accidentally MIDI map a note (click the MIDI option in the tool bar to see if that's the case), but it doesn't sound like that's the problem here. Does it happen with any preset? Or just a certain one?

Does it happen in the standalone version?

Greg
jneudorf

Post by jneudorf »

This seems similar to my problem with Voltage Modular in standalone mode. It appears to be E2-G2 that become dead.

Edit: as per the above post, it was performance mode--I had mapped E2 F2 F#2 G2 to buttons. I needed to unlearn those.
mechdsn

Post by mechdsn »

It maybe overloading either the RAM, the processor or both. Hitting the MIDI panic button on the top toolbar seems to temporarily fix the issue and I've had a similar problem with the Arturia OB-Xa V and I'm pretty sure that one has been attributed to it needing either more RAM or a faster processor. I tend to use really big chords and probably to much sustain pedal, so that doesn't help.. I'm just wondering if more RAM will fix the issue. I have 16GB installed, but I can go up to 32GB if that would take care of it. And yes, it happens in the stand alone version and inside the DAW. I haven't tried it on every sound, but it's really noticeable on the "Drifting Saws" sound.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, did you check whether the notes were inadvertently MIDI mapped?

Greg
mechdsn

Post by mechdsn »

Yeah Greg, nothings been mapped. I've had a similar problem with othe VSTs like the Arturia OB-Xa V. I think I just have too many things, including the internet running in the background... Hitting the MIDI panic button solves it, I think I just needed to shutdown all the background apps. Its working fine now :) Thanks for the help!
Kewk

Post by Kewk »

I had this issue as well. However, I shrugged it off coz I fixed it and I felt like it was just a part of glide or not part of glide that was causing the issue. My memory is a bit off on this one so I don't have clear details. But it def had something to do with notes overlapping. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Return to “Memorymode Synthesizer”