MPE disappointing

Memorymode is based upon one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synthesizers of the 80s, the legendary Memorymoog synthesizer.
silden

MPE disappointing

Post by silden »

I was really excited when I heard memorymode had MPE. That in itself was reason to buy. However having tried the demo with a Roli seaboard I find myself quite underwhelmed :-(

I haven't played with the MPE parameters too much as yet and I'm sure tweaking them will help but only having access to 3 of the 5 MPE controls is a real let down.

I really would be grateful if CA devs would consider implementing full MPE or at least adding velocity off in a future release please.

Also this goes for the VM module too. VM especially is perfect for the extra expression MPE affords so an upgrade to the MPE module would be immense.

Hopefully this won't fall on deaf ears. Is it so much more difficult to code for note off velocity than note on velocity or aftertouch? If it is a real technical challenge then I totally understand you may not want to go this route but if it's just that you think it would not be wanted by customers then I would argue the opposite

Thanks
Sid
silden

Re: MPE disappointing

Post by silden »

also..... I hate to be negative (no really I do!) but..... imo it's an incredibly bad idea to have to manually go into setup mode and turn on/off mpe whenever there's a patch change. What happens if playing live, or in a daw or other auto program changes?
I don't understand why either MPE on/off is not clickable on the MPE Active indicator (will need to toggle via CC for auto program change) or more sensibly without user intervention at all. ie if there is MPE info in the mpe tab or a user designated mpe on/off flag within the patch then MPE capability is automatically made on or off at the time of selection.

I think there are some awesome ideas on this latest synth but poor implementation means it falls flat for me so far.
Home Studio 87

Re: MPE disappointing

Post by Home Studio 87 »

I don't understand why either MPE on/off is not clickable on the MPE Active indicator (will need to toggle via CC for auto program change) or more sensibly without user intervention at all. ie if there is MPE info in the mpe tab or a user designated mpe on/off flag within the patch then MPE capability is automatically made on or off at the time of selection.
Yes a MPE "button" on front page (top toolbar for ex...) for all synth..

Return to “Memorymode Synthesizer”