Amazing synth

Memorymode is based upon one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synthesizers of the 80s, the legendary Memorymoog synthesizer.
rfj

Amazing synth

Post by rfj »

I barely played it for a few minutes and the oscillators and ladder filter sounds HUGE.

It's almost unbelievable that software can sound so analog.

It would be great to have that accurate modeled ladder filter available as a module in VM.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: Amazing synth

Post by Cherry Dan »

Thanks! We're really proud of this one, and we're so excited that everyone can now take Memorymode for a spin.

<< It would be great to have that accurate modeled ladder filter available as a module in VM. >>

Memorymode's filter is based on Cherry Audio's ladder filter design, which is implemented in the Ladder Filter module in Voltage Modular. It's part of our Core package. We've tweaked Memorymode's version of the Cherry Ladder Filter to match the characteristics of the original Memorymoog's implementation, but you'll definitely find a similarly accurate ladder filter character in the VM module.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
rfj

Post by rfj »

Cherry Dan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:05 pm Thanks! We're really proud of this one, and we're so excited that everyone can now take Memorymode for a spin.

<< It would be great to have that accurate modeled ladder filter available as a module in VM. >>

Memorymode's filter is based on Cherry Audio's ladder filter design, which is implemented in the Ladder Filter module in Voltage Modular. It's part of our Core package. We've tweaked Memorymode's version of the Cherry Ladder Filter to match the characteristics of the original Memorymoog's implementation, but you'll definitely find a similarly accurate ladder filter character in the VM module.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Of course, the VM Ladder Filter is used a lot in my patches. Also Vult's Lateralus wich is also based in classic Moog's design.

Your Vstis are incredible. They sound as analog as the analog synths I have in my little home studio. I specially like your recreations of ARP 2600, DC 106 and also Eight Voice. Having access to the beautiful sound of those legendary analog beasts with your accurate recreations it's a dream come true. There's no better time than this for music creators.

Being myself a fan of Steve Roach I have made a patch with Eight Voice inside VM using plugin host for additional modulations and everytime I play with it, it reminds me those wonderful soundscapes Roach achieved using his Oberheim system (OB 8, Oberheim Expander, etc....).
dwise

Post by dwise »

MemoryMode

I'm still exploring the demo.

But I'll add this to my CA collection imminently.

This is one synth I didn't play the original version of.
However, the sounds are instantly recognisable from many records of that era.

And this VST sounds great - plus it's super easy to program.

Return to “Memorymode Synthesizer”