Gate Nouveau 64 is out!

tgrey

Re: Gate Nouveau 64 is out!

Post by tgrey »

This is awesome news, thanks for incorporating the idea so quickly! I have a patch that I've been working on that really needs it, and is useful enough that I think I'll probably make it my first shared patch.

Can't wait to try it out!
collidermod

Post by collidermod »

tgrey wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:29 pm Can't wait to try it out!
It's now live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ESdSozMVQ
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

Awesome, trying it out now. So far it looks like exactly what my patch needed!

I do have one negative comment tho: When the module updated, it cleared out the patterns (and maybe *ALL* settings, not sure here?) in all instances of the module in saved patches. Not really a big deal to me at this point in time, my saved patches with this were still pretty simple and largely random anyways... but in the future this could be a really big problem for someone!

Thanks a ton for incorporating this idea, and so quickly!
collidermod

Post by collidermod »

Well now what happened there... This was something I had specifically tested for in development and confirmed working on the beta build. I'm not sure yet if this is on my side or Voltage Modular.

Update -- I found the issue and am putting in a fix build for store approval right now. My apologies. I take QA seriously, and didn't realize the particular problem that happened was an issue. I will definitely add checking for this to my checklist for the future.
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

I can tell you put a ton of thought and care into this and all of your modules... this is a brand new one that has a ton of advanced stuff going on under the hood. @#It happens ;)

Thanks for looking into it, I'm glad my "bug report" was able to help it improve and hopefully quickly avoid this problem for anyone else where it might have mattered more. My loss was trivial, so really, don't sweat it at all! Almost everything in my patch was being randomly generated or evolved, other than one very simple trigger track for both, using accent for random and normal steps for the evolve... thanks to power accent routing!

Btw, you'd mentioned that the chaos algorithm changes the pattern length. Well, that gave me another idea after I'd played with the glitch algorithm a bit and noticed it's glorious randomized clock division speeds! I'll bet you can read my mind here: Division on Random, Division on Evolve? :idea: I think divisions that stepped back and forth with evolution instead of randomly jumping could make for some subtle but interesting "metric modulation" type of rhythmic feels.
collidermod

Post by collidermod »

Thanks for the support. A fix for loading older presets is now live.

I'll give some thought to the ideas you mentioned. In developing GN64 I stumbled upon some "metric modulation" ideas too that I had been pondering.

Return to “Collider Modular”