Pattern Length

anonyrat

Pattern Length

Post by anonyrat »

I have set up three patterns, then clicked on the length button and clicked the third pattern. This set the length to those three patterns.

Now I want to add a pattern and make the sequence 4 patterns long.

I cannot figure out
a) how to re-change the length ( I can set it one or two patterns in length)

b) Once the pattern length is set how to go back to all sixteen patterns available ?

Thanks
anonyrat

Re: Pattern Length

Post by anonyrat »

Ok Done some testing and this is a real bug !

I instantiated a new GN64 and saved it as a module save as "test1"
I then set the pattern length as 4 and re-saved it as "test2"

Even if I load up "test1" over "test2" it should re-instate the full 16 patterns but it doesn't and keeps the 4 pattern. ???

I HEX compared the two files and the only difference was at offset 626 where "test1" had '10' (binary 16) and "test2" had '04' (binary 4)

Now, obviously this pattern length not being changeable is a bug, but why doesn't loading a saved preset reset the pattern ?
collidermod

Post by collidermod »

Hey anonyrat --

Yes, I confirmed the behavior you're describing is in fact a bug. You should be able to set any pattern length after setting a shorter length, but that is not happening in Build #103.

I've identified the root issue and put in a fix. The bug will be fixed in any build >= 104. The fix is currently awaiting store approval, but given the holidays I'm not sure how long it will take before being approved.

Also, I unfortunately don't get notifications whenever someone posts in this forum with an issue. If you ever need to get a faster response, I'm typically available on the unofficial Voltage Modular Discord -- https://discord.gg/uMd6pfqj
anonyrat

Post by anonyrat »

Thanks very much for replying.
I am so glad it was fixable because it is a great module and very useful.
Thanks for the link as well. Happy Christmas..
Cheers Peter
collidermod

Post by collidermod »

Build #104 is now live, which includes the fix for setting lengths of the patterns.

The intended behavior is, just like how setting lengths on steps shows all steps once length mode is engaged, so too with patterns, once the length has been made shorter, pressing length again shows all patterns, allowing you to change the length or go back to all 16.

Thanks.
anonyrat

Post by anonyrat »

Thanks very much for Build 104

Have tested the length button and all is good now

Cheers Peter

Return to “Collider Modular”