Euclidean Module

g~tilde

Euclidean Module

Post by g~tilde »

Hey Nick

Cannot get the on/off (start/stop) button to remember when I save it as off

As soon as I load the preset, even if this is the only module in the patch - it loads it, On.

Help please :)

Cheers,
g~
g~tilde

Re: Euclidean Module

Post by g~tilde »

### I/O
Sequencer can be turned on or off via I/O button or CV signal. If using CV signal, the sequencer will turn on or off when a trigger is received.
This is the "About" from the module. Fun fact: you drag and place this module from your library onto the cabinet - it will start
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

g~tilde wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:06 pm
### I/O
Sequencer can be turned on or off via I/O button or CV signal. If using CV signal, the sequencer will turn on or off when a trigger is received.
This is the "About" from the module. Fun fact: you drag and place this module from your library onto the cabinet - it will start
Some fun! I hope he fixes this. It'd be a nice addition to the arsenal.
g~tilde

Post by g~tilde »

huggermugger wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:39 pm
Some fun! I hope he fixes this. It'd be a nice addition to the arsenal.
I hope he fixes it too; I already purchased the module before I discovered this behavior.

It is a nice addition, but this bug causes such unnecessary effort fixing a patch upon load especially if multiple of these modules are being used. . .

I am assuming this is the right location to request a bug fix. If not, I have no idea where . . .
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

This is the right location for your comments, assuming the developer is paying attention. Some of them don't.
g~tilde

Post by g~tilde »

I do hope then he is paying attention. Since this is a commercial module, i hope he does look in . . . I am getting annoyed

I have also noticed, occasionally, when sending extClock to the module it will get whacked (not responsive, does not work) Generally, if memory serves, it is the first time there is a connection from an ext clock. The clock port is being corrupted (or something) and it requires a disconnect/reconnect of the cable from the extClock source, before things are okay again ... sigh. It works from that point forward, so I will assume its during the initialization stage . . .
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

g~tilde wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:04 pm I do hope then he is paying attention. Since this is a commercial module, i hope he does look in . . . I am getting annoyed
I'm not speaking for Nick, but would like to defend him a little here. Yes, it's a commercial module but I think some people imagine that means big bucks. The reality is sadly that many developers make maybe a dollar or two per hour for their efforts and decide it's just not worth continuing.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

ColinP wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:50 pm I'm not speaking for Nick, but would like to defend him a little here. Yes, it's a commercial module but I think some people imagine that means big bucks. The reality is sadly that many developers make maybe a dollar or two per hour for their efforts and decide it's just not worth continuing.
Good point; I kind of assumed things like this might happen from time to time. In cases like that, what do you think of the idea that developers of abandoned modules open-source the code with express permission for others to make VM modules with the code provided credit is given to the developer for the original code?
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

A good idea in theory. But in practice adapting someone else's code can actually be more difficult that writing your own.

The hurdles in development are generally understanding the API and user interface mechanisms rather than core algorithms. Although in some circumstances it might be feasible to tweak existing code without diving too deep. But what would the benefit be to the new developer doing the work if they were looking at making maybe $30 for their effort?
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I understand. I was wondering your thoughts since you are a developer yourself, but what you say makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Nick Hladek”