Perky Plucks preset after update

PS-20 is an ultra-realistic, polyphonic, hot-rodded tribute to Korg's renowned MS-20.
fretnoize

Perky Plucks preset after update

Post by fretnoize »

I was using this preset and then after the update it seems there's a problem with it, or likely with a feature the preset uses.
Anyone else having problems with this preset? sometimes no sound, other times crunchy distorted static.

I already sent a support ticket, just wondering if others are seeing it (I've seen it on two windows 10 computers in reaper using vst3)
Steve W

Re: Perky Plucks preset after update

Post by Steve W »

I don't recall specifically using Perky Pluck, but it doesn't sound like a pluck to me and pitch doesn't do anything. (Not sure its supposed to.)

I pushed the max voices up to 16 and down to 1. On my PC the pitch of single keypresses changed slightly around 11 and was unstable from 12 to 14. For 8 and below I got no sound. For multiple keypresses, I got sporatic sounds from 8 to 4 with the length of the squeal** (its not really a pluck) getting shorter and from 3 to 1 no amount of rapid keypresses produced any sounds.

I remember someone complained that some parameter only went up to 95% and requested it go to 100% to get some abnormal sounds. Maybe that was changed and this preset wasn't redone to account for any alternate calibration that might have been done.

Hope these details help someone figure out what got changed in the PS-20 that affected this (and maybe other) patches.

**I think it might be a bad virtual capacitor; it sounds a bit like the squeal defect found in Casio DH-100s.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

fretnoize wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 pm I was using this preset and then after the update it seems there's a problem with it, or likely with a feature the preset uses.
Anyone else having problems with this preset? sometimes no sound, other times crunchy distorted static.

I already sent a support ticket, just wondering if others are seeing it (I've seen it on two windows 10 computers in reaper using vst3)
Hi,

I see what you're saying! Are you using PS-20 as a plugin? If so, which plugin format are you using? Is VST3 available to you? Try that for now.

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Actually, now I'm having issues with the VST3 version.

Anyway, thank you for reporting this - we'll get right on it!
fretnoize

Post by fretnoize »

I had a chance to get a closer look and found a work around.

Work Around:
Remove the patch cable connecting Source Mixer Out and Pre FX In
It still sounds very close to the original.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

We've now released build 92, which fixes the problem.

Greg
fretnoize

Post by fretnoize »

Wow, such a fast response! That's awesome, thanks so much! I'll get it now!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I noticed it this afternoon during synchronization. It also fixed the non-working VU meters and a similar issue I had with Rando. Thanks for the fix!!!

Return to “PS-20 Synthesizer”