Modulation Generator - Mod Whl Switch not working?

PS-20 is an ultra-realistic, polyphonic, hot-rodded tribute to Korg's renowned MS-20.
PetMei

Modulation Generator - Mod Whl Switch not working?

Post by PetMei »

Just tried the demo to evaluate PS-20, and stumbled across an issue:
Switching the MOD WHL switch up should set the modulation depth of the Modulation Generator according to the keyboard mod wheel position, but in my case it just stays at 0 modulation (like if the mod wheel is in its lower position). Other soft synths react properly.
Is this a bug or am I ignoring something?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Modulation Generator - Mod Whl Switch not working?

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

What happens if you use the preset called "Tri the Mod Wheel?" Does that seem to behave the way you expect?

Greg
cherryMitch

Post by cherryMitch »

Not sure if you ever got this sorted out, but you need to have one of the mod attenuator knobs turned up to route the modulation generator to a destination, such as PWM MOD GEN/PATCH PANEL (for pulse width mode), VCO 1/2 MOD GEN (for pitch mod), the MOD GEN knobs in the HP or LP CUTOFF FREQ sections (filter cutoff mod), or the VCA MOD GEN/PATCH PANEL (for VCA mod).

Hope this helps.
PetMei

Post by PetMei »

Well while it was not immediately obvious for me it was indeed my mistake - I had "Enable MPE mode" checked in Settings and this apparently disables/ignores the mod wheel. Would be more practical in my opinion if any mod wheel data would still be followed even in MPE mode (so the last data win no matter if coming from MPE keyboard or mod wheel).

Return to “PS-20 Synthesizer”