Custom Skin

PS-20 is an ultra-realistic, polyphonic, hot-rodded tribute to Korg's renowned MS-20.
vaila333

Custom Skin

Post by vaila333 »

Hello there!!

Is there a way to change skin ?

I would like to add colors to improve usability as shown in the pic here below, especially useful for the patch section

I don't mind to unpack the .dll, i actually already tried with reshack but i couldn't find any images inside..

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Custom Skin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

You're aware of the Theme options in Interface settings?

Beyond that, the synths aren't designed to be easily re-skinned.

Greg
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

This is a really interesting idea!

I have no idea what CA would think of it, but theoretically it should be pretty easy to have an optional layer that loads a user supplied image over the background, but below the controls. I hope they consider it.
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

Guess I should have hit refresh. Bummer it doesn't seem to be something that'd be possible.

Aside from being a nice feature, it could potentially be handy for people with visual impairments that need higher contrast UIs or perhaps color blind people that need for carefully selected color palettes to be useful.

Maybe in the future, but I get it... don't hold my breath ;)
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

I mean, it could certainly be a feature request. It's just not part of the design right now.

But as I mentioned above, you can select different color themes right now in Interface settings (for those who didn't know).

Greg
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

Maybe have a few more preset colour selections, or sliders to alter the hue and saturation of the panel. Might be a simpler approach.
vaila333

Post by vaila333 »

Hey all!

Thanks for your answers,

@Greg i think this would be a nice addition to the products! I know almost nobody does it in therir VSTs out there but I mean, you're already going that way with the custom colors, why don't go further and adding the possibility to add skins?

Maybe is just myself but i think that colors improves amazingly the workflow and the learning curve.

Everything related to VCO is blue, to the filters is yellow and so on.. It makes patching much quicker especially on this VST which takes inspiration from a machine which has never been intuitive in its hardware version..

my 2 cents

cheers!

Return to “PS-20 Synthesizer”