The best synth ever

Cherry Audio’s Eight Voice polyphonic synthesizer meticulously emulates the immense sound of the Oberheim Eight Voice, one of the world’s rarest and most desirable vintage instruments.
Ian Craig

The best synth ever

Post by Ian Craig »

I always knew this was the synth I wanted and have been using it now for a couple of weeks. It's really like 8 monosynths under the control of one person with sequencer and FX thrown in by Cherry Audio. It can be quite time consuming to set up patches or quicker if you want. My favourite synth now confirmed.

Anyway, On Tuesday 23rd March 2021 I meticulously set up 2 then 3 instances of Eight Voice in Mixcraft 8 in ways that I thought would sound good together, but didn't record anything with it, then sometime around 5am on the 24th I started and kept going on and off for around 12 hours, supplementing the Eight Voice with other Virtual Synthesizers - Memorymoon Messiah v2 & ME-80 v2 and the newish Arturia synth Pigments - the intro section came as a late addition as usual when I needed to find the space for the MSoundFactory sounds that I came up with when looking for more sounds that might make the sound of the piece richer, I used 3 instances of MSoundFactory and one of AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 and I added some delays and reverbs to smooth out some of the sharper edges that had developed, using the FX Valhalla Super Massive(Reverb/Delay), Soundtoys Echoboy (Modulating Delay), 2getheraudio Space Duck (Delay/Reverb), United Plugins Orbitron (Multi-modulation FX), FabFilter Pro R (Reverb) & Waves Brauer Motion (Circular Auto-Panner), to get the sound to where it ended up. The video then took about 6 hours, so it was about 18 hours in total plus the previous day's work setting up the basic 8 voice sounds to complete it to this degree. I love it anyway :D https://youtu.be/-opvUoJio7M
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
schoekah

Re: The best synth ever

Post by schoekah »

heck yeah!
Doc Joe

Re: The best synth ever

Post by Doc Joe »

Sweeeeet... and dark. How i like my coffee. Great work

Return to “Eight Voice Synthesizer”