Polymode 'Completing Installation'

Polymode is inspired by the groundbreaking Moog Polymoog synthesizer. One of the world’s first polyphonic synthesizers, its unique multiple parallel filter implementation and mod routings give it a sound like no other synth.
ghost whistler

Polymode 'Completing Installation'

Post by ghost whistler »

Purchased this two days ago. I came to use it today and at one point got a message telling me I hadn't purchased the program giving me several options in order to continue: either purchase or refersh. I did the latter. It then downloaded some stuff (i assume, there was a percentage meter filling up). Now it's completely stuck 'completing installation'. That's the message I'm getting nothing more. If i shut the program down it just starts the download again when I next boot up. Doesn't matter if I run it standalone or in DAW. This is frustrating, I'm in the middle of working on something. I've also tried a fresh install to no avail
ghost whistler

Re: Polymode 'Completing Installation'

Post by ghost whistler »

It seems to be working now. Not really sure what happened
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I experience the same thing. Both when trying to load PolyMode in DAW or using the standalone. Every time I start PolyMode it downloads an update. It reports "Finished Downloading", that message disappears and the "Completing Installation" remains.. nothing happens... for a really long time. When I close the program and start it again it starts downloading the update again... over and over...
When PolyMode starts it also complains about it not being in my account (it is I checked and double checked)...

I am using Mac OS X Catalina (10.15.7). Version of PolyMode 1.0.7B50. All my other Cherry instruments also did an update today but without any problem... it is just the Polynode saying "PolyNope".

Could it be download issue? Maybe a filename mismatch? I am using a case-sensitive filesystem. This means that "PolyNode.txt" and "polynode.txt" are different files and coexist in the same directiry. If the updater tries to open "update.zip" while the download got "Update.zip" it will not find the "update.zip".... There is some other OS X software out there that can't properly handle this.

Please help?
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Aaaaannddddd... today it works.... Yesterday I tried multiple reboots between attempts... last night I did a power down of my Mac mini... this morning I tried again and it did another download, did some post-download processing and the PolyMode UI showed up!!

Weird... but it is working again!! :o :o

Return to “Polymode Synthesizer”