too many keys squashes audio...

Polymode is inspired by the groundbreaking Moog Polymoog synthesizer. One of the world’s first polyphonic synthesizers, its unique multiple parallel filter implementation and mod routings give it a sound like no other synth.
wwjdx

too many keys squashes audio...

Post by wwjdx »

BUG or NORMAL?

One of the Strings presets, when I play more than 6 keys, they distort and cancel all the sound out, like it is being crushed under an audio steam roller of compression. I play 2 bass notes on left, and 4 note chord on right, lift and move to another chord and I guess the previous notes are trailing off, and it starts new ones, but all distorted and crushed.

Maybe the real poly did that? I wouldn't know. Doesn't happen on ALL presets, just some of the deeper strings if I recall.
Tested, I pressed 6 keys down, and it was fine, 7 started to strain, and 8 does the cancel crush thing.

I can find the preset and upload audio tomorrow if needed. Not any kind of deal breaker, just an observation.

Forgot to mention, I tried a myriad of audio settings and sample sizes, made no difference, and most other presets work fine mashing down a pile of keys. If that helps
wwjdx

Re: too many keys squashes audio...

Post by wwjdx »

also also, I have a very fast computer and the CPU is not being taxed hardly at all during many keys played, and like I said, nearly all the other presets work great with many keys pressed
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

It's a factory preset? Which one?

Greg
wwjdx

Post by wwjdx »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:17 pm Hi,

It's a factory preset? Which one?

Greg
STINGS "My Eminence" preset
I think a coupe others do it a little too.
- I'm using REAPER daw
- happens in STAND ALONE also

just press and hold down 7 or 8 keys. I was playing six, but the trailing notes were still lingering
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

I see what you're saying! We'll look into this.

Greg
wwjdx

Post by wwjdx »

Great! Thanks for the fun synthesizers!
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Software dev said: "fascinating bug."

Here's the deal: super thin pulse waves were getting loud internally, and one of our internal filters didn't have enough headroom to handle it. This has been fixed in build 49, which is available now if you allow the plugin to update.

Greg
wwjdx

Post by wwjdx »

Great! Thanks for the fast turn around.

Return to “Polymode Synthesizer”