Improvisation combining Polymode & DCO-106

Polymode is inspired by the groundbreaking Moog Polymoog synthesizer. One of the world’s first polyphonic synthesizers, its unique multiple parallel filter implementation and mod routings give it a sound like no other synth.
Ian Craig

Improvisation combining Polymode & DCO-106

Post by Ian Craig »

AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
Ian Craig

Re: Improvisation combining Polymode & DCO-106

Post by Ian Craig »

Video https://youtu.be/CtFl3vRz5Tw
Improvisation using layering of Cherry Audio Virtual Synths 'Polymode' and 'DCO-106'. It' mostly involved shaping the 2 synth layers before I started. It sounded so sonically rich that I recorded it without any further preparation & the first 2 thirds of it are just me sustaining 4 to 6 notes on the keyboard (it didn't need anything else).
Video created from screen capturing Winamp's Milkdrop visualisation plugin in playing the track. As Winamp was on loop mode and I fell asleep during the capture process it recorded 12 different versions before I woke up. I then split these 12 versions (using Movavi split) and layered them on the screen in 12 boxes (using VSDC Pro). I then multi-layered several differently affected versions of the resultant video, one of them rotating against the other 2 (using Vegas Pro).
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Improvisation combining Polymode & DCO-106

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing! One of the devs wrote: "I could listen to this for hours."

Greg

Return to “Polymode Synthesizer”