MG-1 standalone GUI issue

Surrealistic MG-1 Plus is a loving recreation of the Realistic MG-1, an oddball synthesizer sold by the 1980's consumer electronics giant Radio Shack.
airbrush

MG-1 standalone GUI issue

Post by airbrush »

Can't reach header or toolbars.
Attachments
CaptureMG1.PNG
CaptureMG1.PNG (873.41 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
SpaceDog

Re: MG-1 standalone GUI issue

Post by SpaceDog »

With some screen resolutions, you need a bit of "extra help"to be able to resize/move the window - this is a useful utility that may help you. You can switch it on and off as you need it.

https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag
haslo

Post by haslo »

Does the old "push Alt-Space to bring up the system menu, then choose 'move' from that" trick still work? I haven't used Windows for a decade or so...
airbrush

Post by airbrush »

Hey Spacedog,
AltDrag worked. Thank you.
Now that I have it lowered it reopens in the lowered state.
I'll find out tomorrow if it still holds after I reboot.
James
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

I was having that issue on windows 8.1 with my laptop screen resolution set to the recommended 1366x768. (unable to view the whole program window, unable to access zoom in/out buttons, unable to drag window because top of program is off the screen)

By lowering the resolution to any other available resolution (probably 1280x768) I was able to see the top menu and access the zoom in/out buttons, resize to 90%. Haven't had a problem since.

In addition to the program working better with lower resolutions, it would be nice if the alt+space shortcut menu worked, so that I could have used the "move" command.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

See if the new update helps with the issue: https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/sur ... s/download

Greg
Schmitty2005

Post by Schmitty2005 »

Same problem here. App opens up in upper right, and no way to move. AltDrag mentioned above worked. Latest update didnot resolve problem. All other CA apps work perfect.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Click on the Surrealistic MG-1 Plus logo in the standalone. If you don't have version 1.0.17, you should update by downloading from the link in my previous post.

Greg

Return to “Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer”