MG-1 not in VST INSTRUMENT LIST.

Surrealistic MG-1 Plus is a loving recreation of the Realistic MG-1, an oddball synthesizer sold by the 1980's consumer electronics giant Radio Shack.
GISELLO

MG-1 not in VST INSTRUMENT LIST.

Post by GISELLO »

Hello !
Today I've correctly installed MG-1 Plus on my 64-bit PC and I've verified that Surrealistic MG-1 Plus.dll is correctly located inside Steinberg>VST plugins folder. However the instrument plays just "stand alone" and - very strange fact - it doesn't appear inside the VST instruments list at the window "Devices" of my DAW (Cubase SX). So, I can't insert it in any track of the DAW and, consequently, I can't record any sound of it. Please, can you help me ? Thanks.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: MG-1 not in VST INSTRUMENT LIST.

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Windows or Mac? Which plugin format are you trying to load? With Windows, I'm seeing it under Instruments > Other.

cubasemg-1instrument.png
cubasemg-1instrument.png (23.31 KiB) Viewed 4295 times
Greg
GISELLO

Post by GISELLO »

WINDOWS 10. But the window, unluckily, doesn't show MG-1. Anyway...thanks Greg.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

It's loading the VST3 version for me. Did you install VST3 to the default VST3 folder?

Greg
GISELLO

Post by GISELLO »

I don't find a VST 3 folder. Maybe because Cubase SX is too much "old", so that it couldn't accept VST 3 and, consequently, doesn't dedicate a specific folder. Therefore, the setup process lets to install also "normal" VST plugins but, for me, also this option doesn't work. As last chance, I attach here a file containing
DOCUMENT2.jpg
DOCUMENT2.jpg (107.56 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
DOCUMENT1.jpg
DOCUMENT1.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
the strange warning that setup process gives every time that I try to install the app and the low part of the window "Plug in informations" by Cubase SX: the plugins coloured in yellow are not detailed. In facts these are the plugins that don't play in my DAW and MG 1, unluckily, is among them. Anyway.....I thank you for your kind support and I'm waiting for a last help. Gisello.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Do you get that error every time? It always appears at that particular point in the installation?

Greg
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

I'd install free cakewalk DAW and use that instead. And upgrade to Win10, which you can probably still do for free even though Microsoft says the free period is over.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

schoekah wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:17 pm I'd install free cakewalk DAW and use that instead. And upgrade to Win10, which you can probably still do for free even though Microsoft says the free period is over.
It is Windows 10, apparently.

Making sure that no anti-virus program is interfering with the installation would be a good thing to try. Maybe files are getting quarantined or something.

Return to “Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer”