JK's CV Canvas

ymerejsasnak

JK's CV Canvas

Post by ymerejsasnak »

JK's CV Canvas released! You can draw your own control signals!

(This thread can act as a bug report/feature request are for this module. Or feel free to start a new one, whatever.)

Specific details on the store page. https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/jks-cv-canvas

Enjoy!

JK :mrgreen:
seal58

Re: JK's CV Canvas

Post by seal58 »

This module looks very interesting to me. I will test it.
Is there any way to save painted curves?
ymerejsasnak

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Not individually as of yet. It's something I'm definitely considering for the future though.

But the drawn curves will of course save as part of any preset at least, so there's that. And you can copy/paste freely between instances of this module.

JK
dasmode

Post by dasmode »

Last edited by dasmode on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Just tried it out. Definitely fits well with my purposes! Well designed!!

Was wondering if drawings can be saved, reloaded, imported and edited from short wave files, but then saw this:
    seal58 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:12 pm Is there any way to save painted curves?
    ymerejsasnak wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:38 pm Not individually as of yet. It's something I'm definitely considering for the future though.

But the drawn curves will of course save as part of any preset at least, so there's that. And you can copy/paste freely between instances of this module.
    Super nice design features. Love the real-time use of drawings, stutter triggers [rewind button] . . . .

Just an FYI, I replaced the LFO in my Scrubber test patch [triangle in fold mode to do constant rate fwd/rev playback of a sample slice] with just one of of the 4 line drawings. Works for me!!!!!

Any chance to get a triangle added to the load choices (or is it possible as is, other than trying to draw it by hand)?
    ymerejsasnak

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Steve W wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:24 pm
    Any chance to get a triangle added to the load choices (or is it possible as is, other than trying to draw it by hand)?

Yes, you aren't the first to mention standard shapes. I kind of see the load/generate/etc menu as a work in progress and am very open to suggestions on that. Adding more standard shapes is definitely on my list, as is adding a way to customize both the regular 'load' menu lines and the random generation options. And also a way to save/load individual user lines.

But in the module's current state, there's no simple way I can think of to get a perfect triangle shape. You'd probably have to do something weird and complex like alternate between a ramp up line and a ramp down line, or use a ramp up line and alternate the rate between positive and negative at the end points.

JK
    ymerejsasnak

Post by ymerejsasnak »

canvas2.png
    canvas2.png (362.16 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
    So...yeah...this should be happening somewhat soon...big canvas update :)
    Steve W

Post by Steve W »

ymerejsasnak wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:31 pm So...yeah...this should be happening somewhat soon...big canvas update :)
    Very much looking forward to it. Thanks.
    ymerejsasnak

Post by ymerejsasnak »

CV Canvas update! I'm just calling it 2.0 because I put in a lot of work and version names are arbitrary! :)

All details on new stuff can be found in the store page description.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/jks-cv-canvas
    Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Thanks for all the added functionality. I am looking forward to learning what the new version can do. (It looks awesome!!!!!)

Any chance you could not have the module intercept Ctrl+Z? For decades I used that as undo in all sorts of programs. However, Z, Ctrl+Z, and Alt+Z (with and without Shift) all generate a random waveform if the mouse cursor is hovering over any of the 4 CV lanes. If that's not possible right now, I can live with it. Just checking to see if its possible.

Thanks.

Return to “JKphobic”