All my Cherry Audio synths won't work in Reaper. Oh hang on, they are now!

The Cherry Audio CA2600 is a powerful, self-contained duophonic synthesizer inspired by the groundbreaking ARP 2600 synthesizer.
Xeys42

All my Cherry Audio synths won't work in Reaper. Oh hang on, they are now!

Post by Xeys42 »

Hi, apologies if I'm repeating what others are saying but I'm having problems getting all my CA synths to work in Reaper except Voltage Modular. Here's what Polymode looks like as an example:
polymode_reaper.png
polymode_reaper.png (45.96 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
I'm wondering if it's something to do with Reaper defaulting to the vst3 file as opposed to the dll. The same thing happens for CA2600, DCO-106 and MG-1.

Update as I'm typing this: I ran Reaper whilst online and added Polymode. It did it's 'syncing with server' and completing installation thing again. Is this going to keep happening? The synth was already installed and when I ran it standalone it worked and didn't update. The same thing is happening with the other synths, It's kind of frustrating. Surely once they are installed they're installed. :shock:
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: All my Cherry Audio synths won't work in Reaper. Oh hang on, they are now!

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Try logging into the standalone versions first. The synths need to download some files in order to get going. Once the files are downloaded, you should be good to go.

Greg
Xeys42

Post by Xeys42 »

Every day I have to run the synths online for them to work. They've been 'completing installation' on a daily basis now for the last 5 or 6 days!
Xeys42

Post by Xeys42 »

So I go offline and run CA2600. It works. I close it, run Reaper, try to run CA2600 in Reaper... It doesn't work. Run the standalone after closing Reaper, nothing but a purple background. No offense but I'm getting fed up of this now. It's almost as if running Reaper uninstalls the synth. I run CA2600 now whilst typing this and it 'competes installation' yet again! Why aren't all my CA synths not staying installed?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Please zip up your log files and send them to us. For Windows, the log files are located here:

%appdata%\CherryAudio\CA2600\Logs

To send your log files, create a support ticket, and attach the zip file. You can submit a support ticket here: https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/conversation/new

Greg
Xeys42

Post by Xeys42 »

Hi Greg, thanks, I've sent the log files. Would you need the log files from the other synths as well because they all do the same thing. Kind Regards.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

We'll take a look at the CA2600 logs and go from there. Thanks!

Greg
Xeys42

Post by Xeys42 »

Cool. No worries. 8-)
Xeys42

Post by Xeys42 »

Wow, I did this with all the synths which appears to have solved the problem. They ran before I went online and also worked in Reaper. It would be interesting to know how it happened in the first place. However, I'm happy they work now which is the main thing. Let's hope this lasts!

Return to “CA2600 Synthesizer”