Nasty artifacts ...in signal path

The Cherry Audio CA2600 is a powerful, self-contained duophonic synthesizer inspired by the groundbreaking ARP 2600 synthesizer.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Nasty artifacts ...in signal path

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Software devs say: "For the record, these artifacts are at -95dB to -120 dB, part of the noise floor."

Greg
gentleclockdivider

Post by gentleclockdivider »

They happen at -84 db and -72 db , when using multiple instances this adds up pretty quicly
Does dthis mean it's not going to be fixed ?

How can this be part of the noise floor ,only at 44Khz and NOT at 48 Khz , can you ask the developer that it might be a sample rate conversion issue
Some people say voltage modular is running at 48 Khz natively and that CA arp borrows a lot of the voltage modular framework + 2600 module somehow sample rate conversion gone bad and the artifacts are the result of that
How can you explain it's part of the nose floor when even the modwheel is routed ( and automated ) to the vca out .
If I change the sin osc frequency , the artifacts also change
Pleaseshow the software developer these screenshots .

Here;s another one osc 2 is modulating osc 3 , osc 3 is routed directly to the vca output , becasue there is FM going on sidebands occur on osc 3 which is totally normal , but is it also normal that these sidebars occur on the so called noise floor artifacts ?

Let the developer chime in on kvr audio because the communication is getting realy difficult with you being the middle man , having to chase you like a ghost to get an answer
I am seriously dissapointed in this company .
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Is the problem actually audible, or are you just seeing it in frequency analysis? I wasn't able to hear anything.

Just double-checking - you said you had the latest, and by that you mean 1.0.20 build 89? We did greatly improve the aliasing for 44.1k in this update (and similar improvement will appear in the upcoming Voltage Modular update).

Finally, is there some reason you don't want to run it at 48k?

Greg
gentleclockdivider

Post by gentleclockdivider »

yes , I hear it when the sound is not harmonally rich , otherwise the artiffacts are masked by other partials
and yes I have the latest build
Yes , I hear it when I lowwpass filter a saw wave .
I have posted audio exxamples on the first page , first post , did you even check them ??
It's a modulated low pass filtered saw , and you can hear the artifacts...high pitch whining .
I see no reason to use another sample rate just because CA 2600 is not performing well , it's getting tiresome to repeat everything over and over again .
It's a sample rate conversion issue , tell that to the software developer

good night , I m off to bed 03:00 am in europe :mrgreen:
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Your audio sample is where I wasn't hearing the problem.

Okay, thanks for that additional feedback, I'll pass it along!

Greg

Return to “CA2600 Synthesizer”