WAS: Cherry Audio's CA2600 is available NOW!

The Cherry Audio CA2600 is a powerful, self-contained duophonic synthesizer inspired by the groundbreaking ARP 2600 synthesizer.
xuoham

WAS: Cherry Audio's CA2600 is available NOW!

Post by xuoham »

Wow .... looks and sounds fantastic !

At such an unbelievable price .... :shock:

Best wishes for this baby !
Eddie

Re: Cherry Audio's CA2600 is available NOW!

Post by Eddie »

Dear Cherry Audio,

Congratulations on the latest release. Instabuy for me. Played around with it and loved it immediately. I love the addition of the distortion (next to delay & reverb) as this gives a lot of crunch to the sounds. Wonderful synth.

I used the standalone version on OSX and was somewhat amazed that I could scale it both horizontally and vertically (breaking the aspect ratio) tried it later again and it didn't work... was there an update in the meanwhile? Or am I just getting insane?
TR4

Post by TR4 »

Eddie wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:40 pm I used the standalone version on OSX and was somewhat amazed that I could scale it both horizontally and vertically (breaking the aspect ratio) tried it later again and it didn't work... was there an update in the meanwhile? Or am I just getting insane?
That happened to me also! Running Win10x64/Bitwig/VST3.

While we're on the subject of scaling UI, Cherry Audio, is it possible to somehow remove the dead space around the UI?
I really don't need it (or use it) and would prefer the slightly increased UI size instead:
201102_BitwigPluginHost64_5049a.png
201102_BitwigPluginHost64_5049a.png (137.74 KiB) Viewed 3184 times
Thank you for your consideration :3
robotgard

Post by robotgard »

Last edited by robotgard on Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cherryaudio Greg
    Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

robotgard wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:19 pm I'm very happy, but why should I pay twice: first for a set of modules, then for a VSTi?
    Hi,

I'm guessing you're referring to the Synth Voice module? CA2600 is a different spin on the ARP 2600. Give it a try and see if you like it.

Greg
    cherryaudio Greg
    Site Admin

TR4 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:35 am That happened to me also! Running Win10x64/Bitwig/VST3.

While we're on the subject of scaling UI, Cherry Audio, is it possible to somehow remove the dead space around the UI?
    I really don't need it (or use it) and would prefer the slightly increased UI size instead:
    201102_BitwigPluginHost64_5049a.png
    Thank you for your consideration :3
    Hi,

Bitwig has some unique scaling issues with CA2600. Just be sure to grab it by the center of the triangle in the corner when you're using Bitwig. We may address this issue with Bitwig further in a future update.

Did you add that red border? Normally there's artwork for the case. Are you saying you don't want that artwork in the plugin? Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
    cherryaudio Greg
    Site Admin

Eddie wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:40 pm Dear Cherry Audio,

Congratulations on the latest release. Instabuy for me. Played around with it and loved it immediately. I love the addition of the distortion (next to delay & reverb) as this gives a lot of crunch to the sounds. Wonderful synth.

I used the standalone version on OSX and was somewhat amazed that I could scale it both horizontally and vertically (breaking the aspect ratio) tried it later again and it didn't work... was there an update in the meanwhile? Or am I just getting insane?
    Hi,

That's weird. The aspect ratio should stay the same.

Greg
    silden

Post by silden »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:50 pm
    robotgard wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:19 pm I'm very happy, but why should I pay twice: first for a set of modules, then for a VSTi?
    Hi,

I'm guessing you're referring to the Synth Voice module? CA2600 is a different spin on the ARP 2600. Give it a try and see if you like it.

Greg
    I see both points of view..... however shouldn't the VM version be at least as good as the standalone being that VM is/was(?) CA's core business?
    So Will synthvoice be upgraded to to come up to the same functionality? cheers
    cherryaudio Greg
    Site Admin

silden wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:04 pm
    I see both points of view..... however shouldn't the VM version be at least as good as the standalone being that VM is/was(?) CA's core business?
    Hi,

Since SynthVoice is a module, you could use other modules to replicate or maybe even surpass the additional features of CA2600.

Greg
    silden

Post by silden »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:31 pm
    silden wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:04 pm
    Hi,

Since SynthVoice is a module, you could use other modules to replicate or maybe even surpass the additional features of CA2600.

Greg
    was thinking more that CA2600 has 3 OSC and 2x synthvoice fo get the 3rd OSC would be a big chunk of cabinet. But yep I see what you are getting at. ....although a quick and easy all in one module is always appealing. Eagerly awaiting MRBs "Tiny voice" :D :D :D
    Last edited by silden on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “CA2600 Synthesizer”