ca 4 pole filter , fake or not

The Cherry Audio CA2600 is a powerful, self-contained duophonic synthesizer inspired by the groundbreaking ARP 2600 synthesizer.
dergundel

Re: ca 4 pole filter , fake or not

Post by dergundel »

Sorry, seems as if the two other screenshots didn't make it online.
Attachments
TimewARP 2600 self oscillating filter.jpg
TimewARP 2600 self oscillating filter.jpg (257.73 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
dergundel

Post by dergundel »

And the CA2600...
Attachments
CA2600 self oscillating filter.jpg
CA2600 self oscillating filter.jpg (234.05 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Yup, that's basically what I'm hearing/seeing now too.
CA took its time (kinda of a trademark at this point) but (also a trademark by now) by listening and fast interaction, it improved a lot.

I only wished this would happen prior to release at beta stage. It would save a lot of (sometimes ugly) back'n'forth and raising suspicions about the quality of the products versus what's usually said in huge letters throughout the music-related media, which I must admit, CA surprisingly dominates now, making this even more of an issue, when big claims are only being supported by quick blurbs of industry people but the product itself is not up to the task.

There's still a lot to improve internally at CA, IMHO.

In the meantime, I'm glad to see these coming out and being cared about, reworked and improved this fast.
It's a bit weird to have these almost duplicate as standalone while also having the modules sold as separate products, but hey... that's business...
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We have added beta testers since the release of Voltage Modular 2.0, and we of course try to catch everything before release, and we do catch most issues before release. You just see the ones that slip through. When something does slip through, we'll fix it if we can. With each release, we learn, and we build upon what we learned.

Greg
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Glad to know that there's a (bigger) beta test team since VM :)
cherryaudio Greg wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 pm With each release, we learn, and we build upon what we learned.
That's one of CA qualities :)

Return to “CA2600 Synthesizer”