Duplicate Presets

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
mechaweeg

Duplicate Presets

Post by mechaweeg » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:36 am

Hello there!

I recently got a new computer, and I'm in the process of getting set up again, but I've run into a strange issue.

I have 2 collections of DCO-106 presets. I see there's a DCO-106 preset folder

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Presets\DCO-106 Presets <- this folder is empty
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Factory Presets\DCO-106 Presets <- this folder is loaded with presets

If I try to delete them, they're remade when I launch DCO-106, if I try to delete the DB file, it is simply recreated when I launch DCO-106.

I've tried deleting the files, clearing the cache, reinstalling - you name it.

Am I missing something here? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
MW

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Presets

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi,

The latter path is the correct preset folder for the presets that come with DCO-106. We made a change to separate user presets from the factory presets to keep things organized. The former path is a leftover folder that you don't need ("\DCO-106 Presets").

If you create some custom presets, they will go here:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Presets\User Presets\

Also make sure you have DCO-106 version 1.1.0. You can download it here: DCO-106 download page.

Greg

mechaweeg

Post by mechaweeg » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for replying.

When I delete the empty presets folder and the DB file (C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Presets\DCO-106 Presets ), they are simply remade when the plug-in syncs with the server.

I've also checked the DB file and there are no references to the empty folder. I wonder why, then, my DCO shows that I have 2 collections for the factory presets. It's very annoying as I cannot scroll through the presets. I believe this is because the plug-in is trying to load a preset that doesn't have a path.

I've attached a snip of how it looks in the hope that'll help find a solution.

Many thanks!

/MW
Attachments
DCO106Presets.PNG
DCO106Presets.PNG (117.4 KiB) Viewed 957 times

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi,

I had the DCO-106 Folder, but it stayed gone when I deleted it.

You've got version 1.1.0?

If you go into General preferences, what do you have selected for the Preset Folder setting?

Greg

mechaweeg

Post by mechaweeg » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:58 pm

Hey,

The folder used in the plugin's preferences:
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Presets\

and it was indeed 1.1.0 I downloaded.

I still have DCO-106 installed in my old computer that I use in another part of the house sometimes - would have have any impact on the sync that occurs when the plugin is launched?

Cheers,
MW

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi,

Make sure to quit all instances of DCO-106, then try deleting both the Presets folder and the Factory Presets folder (after backing up any user presets).

If it doesn't help, please send us a voltage module log file from that session. The log files are located here:

%appdata%\Voltage\Logs

You can use the attachments feature here, or send it in as a ticket here: submit a support request.

Greg

mechaweeg

Post by mechaweeg » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:05 pm

Unfortunately my log cannot be uploaded as .txt is an invalid file extension, apparently but I think the log isn't needed because...

I followed the steps as instructed, and it worked. Only one collection of DCO-106 presets existed. However, here's the weird part, when I copied my saved user presets, the second collection appeared again!

Bizarre.

The directory used is:
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Presets\User Presets\User

This folder contains only user created presets, and no reference to the DCO-106 factory presets. I'm confounded.

/MW

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi,

I checked to see whether TXT was allowed as an attachment, and it was, but apparently I needed to set it as a downloadable file. Can you please attach the log file from the session where the duplicate showed up again?

You could also submit a support ticket and attach the log: submit a support request.

Greg

mechaweeg

Post by mechaweeg » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am

Hi Greg,

Here is my most recent logfile. Hope it helps!

Best regards,
MW
Attachments
Log2021-09-14_13-20-38.txt
(6.43 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi,

Thanks for attaching your log file, but it doesn't seem to show the "\DCO-106 Presets" folder. Was it created during this session?

Greg