Duplicate Presets

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
mechaweeg

Re: Duplicate Presets

Post by mechaweeg » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:23 pm

Hi Greg,

Apologies - I attached the logfile from when the issue started (adding my user presets) but I've just went through the steps of removing the folders and redoing it in the hopes it'll help.

Many thanks!
/MW
Attachments
Log2021-09-21_00-18-25.txt
(6.67 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi,

Okay, it turns out that the empty folder that is being created is where modified factory presets would be stored. So, let's say you load up a factory preset, tweak it a bit and save it without changing the name. The tweaked version of the factory preset would go into that folder. The preset will then appear with an asterisk at the end, and you can right-click to restore it if you want.

Not sure why you were getting the empty folder and I wasn't, but when I altered a factory preset, the folder was created and the modified preset was inside.

Greg

mechaweeg

Post by mechaweeg » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Yeah, the weird thing is that it only becomes an issue when I copy in the backup of my user presets
DCO106Presets.PNG
DCO106Presets.PNG (120.39 KiB) Viewed 953 times
The modified presets folder is empty, but each preset appears twice and there's no asterisk. To make things more interesting, I'm prevented from scrolling next through the presets, but scrolling previous. (Both with the in-line buttons as well as the ctrl + arrow left/right keys)

Strange, and really annoying! :lol:

/MW

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Hi,

Where are you putting the presets? What happens sometimes is that the collection folders create duplicates so, for example, a person might have a particular preset in a Nucleus bundle folder, but also in a Core bundle folder. Same preset, different folder / category. But they appear as duplicates. Right-click on the preset to see the folder and/or collection.

Greg

mechaweeg

Post by mechaweeg » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:51 pm

I'm putting my user presets into:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Presets\User Presets\User

The duplicate presets in the screenshot both go to the same location:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\CherryAudio\DCO-106\Factory Presets\DCO-106 Presets\[category subfolder]

Cheers!

/MW