Hanging Notes in Logic 10.6 on Apple Silicon

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
c0z

Hanging Notes in Logic 10.6 on Apple Silicon

Post by c0z »

Hi! I use DCO-106 in Logic 10.6 on an Apple Silicon machine using Rosetta 2. It runs great, but I keep getting hanging notes in all instances of DCO-106 when scrubbing through my project while playing. I then have to open the corresponding instance and click on MIDI panic.

Is this a "general" bug, or is it exclusive to the Rosetta 2 emulation? Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Best regards, and thank you for this wonderful instrument!
Markus/c0z
c0z

Re: Hanging Notes in Logic 10.6 on Apple Silicon

Post by c0z »

Hi fellow Cherries,

just wanted to give an update to the topic. I managed to rule out all the issues just by deactivating "Rewire" in the Settings -> Audio Tab in the Logic Pro preferences. Oh, and I need to run Logic in Rosetta mode.

I now can enjoy all of Cherry Audios wonderful synths without any issues on my M1 Macbook. However, Cherry Audio - please provide us with actual M1 compatibility. :)

Thank you... especially for Memorymode, it is the most wonderful virtual synth I ever had the pleasure to play around with.

Best regards, love and hugs from Germany,
c0z
wattage

Re: Hanging Notes in Logic 10.6 on Apple Silicon

Post by wattage »

Same problem here on M1 MacBook Air MacOS 11.6, even after upgrading to 1.2.0. If I rewind or fast forward while project is playing stuck notes will happen 80% of the time and can only be fixed by toggling mono/poly mode.
I have no problems with my 10.13 Mac Pro so there's definitely an issue with either M1 or Big Sur since it's done this on every version of 11.x.

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”