Patch change buttons should be MIDI mappable

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
KVG

Patch change buttons should be MIDI mappable

Post by KVG »

This would make it much easier to change patches on the fly, as one wouldn't have to reach over and click next/last patch or press CTRL+left/right arrow. I've messed around with the TAL-U-NO-LX and it allows the patch change buttons to be mapped with MIDI. Anybody on board with this?

Also, I'd like to add that I'm completely in love with the DCO-106. I have a couple of Arturia vintage synth emulations and this blows them all out of the water in both sound and price. I will be sure to recommend this to loads of people some day. :lol:
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Patch change buttons should be MIDI mappable

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion and for your kind words! You can currently change patches with program change messages. 0-127 gives you 128 different presets in alphabetical order.

Greg
vagnretur

Post by vagnretur »

I totally agree. With my Arturia KeyLab controller the main program switch knob sends MIDI messages & I would love to be able to map it to the DCO-106 preset browser function.

Best regards / Finn
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

bome's MIDI translator classic will take care of that for you in three shakes of a lamb's tail!
Attachments
bome.jpg
bome.jpg (168.64 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
TR4

Post by TR4 »

Should this work in Bitwig using the 'MIDI Program Change' device?
I've inserted it before the Cherry Audio instruments and tried various settings, and when monitored, it shows the correct values are being sent.

Even DCO-106/Poly mode/MG-1 all show the MIDI light flashes blue - but the preset never changes
-
Win10x64/Bitwig 3.2.8
210309_Bitwig_Studio_Polymode_ProgramCC.png
210309_Bitwig_Studio_Polymode_ProgramCC.png (96.16 KiB) Viewed 1957 times

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”