Licensing Question (hypothetical)

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
DarseZ

Licensing Question (hypothetical)

Post by DarseZ »

Would the plugin still function if it can't connect to Cherry Audio? What would happen to our ability to use the plugin if Cherry Audio should ever close up shop?
sincostan

Re: Licensing Question (hypothetical)

Post by sincostan »

Good question.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We don't have any plans to close up shop, but if the ship started sinking for whatever reason, we'd flip the switch so everything would stay activated.

Greg
sincostan

Post by sincostan »

That sounds very assuring.

I don't expect that Cherry Audio will go out of business anytime. But when you think about to invest long-term in a system these questions start to matter and can become a deciding factor.

I plan to use VM a long time and want to get proficient with it. It's an important factor for me to know that you can use the tools a very long time in any case.

Spectrasonics is saying that they have an emergency plan and that all registered users would get a way for continued authorizations in the worst case in their Copy Protection FAQs. Without this I wouldn't had invest in their great but expensive software.
silden

Post by silden »

sincostan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:04 pm
Spectrasonics is saying that they have an emergency plan and that all registered users would get a way for continued authorizations in the worst case in their Copy Protection FAQs. Without this I wouldn't had invest in their great but expensive software.
I'd Like to see this in a CA FAQ too. It's a question I've asked (indirectly maybe) about VM a few times.
@ Greg - thanks for clarifying CAs position on this - maybe you could pass on the suggestion for a more formal statement. - Thanks

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”