Assigning aftertouch

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
jazz_fan

Assigning aftertouch

Post by jazz_fan »

Really enjoying the DC0-106. How do I go about assigning aftertouch to a control (e.g. VCF cutoff)? When I try to MIDI learn aftertouch, the note I press is assigned as the type. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Steve
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: Assigning aftertouch

Post by Cherry Dan »

Hi Steve,

Map any controller to VCF Cutoff. Then, view the MIDI panel (by clicking the MIDI button on DCO-106's toolbar) and change the mapping Type from CC (or Note) to AftTch.

Let us know if that works for you!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Attachments
aftertouch.jpg
aftertouch.jpg (16.12 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
jazz_fan

Post by jazz_fan »

Hi Dan,

Followed your directions and I'm afraid it did not work in either the VST3 version inside Cakewalk or the standalone program. No response to aftertouch although the initial setting to the mod wheel worked fine. Changing Type to AftTch renders the Value column blank, BTW.

Regards,
Steve
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Steve,

Thank you for reporting this. This is a bug and will be fixed in the next installer update. The intention was to use channel pressure instead of aftertouch. We do not support polyphonic aftertouch except through MPE.

Thank you!
jazz_fan

Post by jazz_fan »

I was controlling the DCO-106 from a Yamaha Motif XF7 if that helps . Your quick response is much appreciated.

-Steve
jazz_fan

Post by jazz_fan »

Took me awhile to get back to this. After updating to the current version I can now successfully assign pressure to VCF-Frequency as described and it is working. However I cannot adjust the min and max values without crashing (the standalone and VST).

Regards,
Steve

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”