MIDI Learn using Ableton

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
Novae

MIDI Learn using Ableton

Post by Novae »

Just purchased the DCO-106. Loving it, but when I use it in Ableton I cannot seem to use the dials that I have already MIDI learned on the standalone instrument, nor map new instructions using either MIDI learn on both Ableton and the instrument. I might be missing something obvious!
Zybobpop

Re: MIDI Learn using Ableton

Post by Zybobpop »

Same Ableton Live issue here :( Running Live 10.1.25. on Windows.
Works fine with Midi Learn in standalone version but not possible to use in DAW.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

When you move the knobs and sliders on your controller, does the DCO-106's MIDI toolbar light up? If it does not, then Ableton is 'eating' those messages. That usually happens if your MIDI controller is set up as a "Control Surface" as shown here:

When it's set up as a Control Surface, Ableton consumes the MIDI messages for sliders/knobs and does not pass them on to the plug-in. You can either remove your MIDI controller as a "Control Surface" in Ableton, or you can use Ableton's own parameter mapping system to control DCO-106. The same applies for any plug-in in Ableton.

Thanks!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Zybobpop

Post by Zybobpop »

Thanks Dan!

Didn't have Control Surface on, but changed MIDI ports Remote to "Off" for my DCO-106 Midi master keyboard.
It now works fine in Ableton Live.

Thanks for a fun little synth :D

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”