MIDI Mapping

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
AndyN

MIDI Mapping

Post by AndyN »

Loving the software. I have set it up with my controller and it works really well but I can't see how to save the mapping. I don't want to have to map the controls every time.

Thanks

Andy
cherryMitch

Re: MIDI Mapping

Post by cherryMitch »

Hey Andy - MIDI mapping assignments save with patches.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

So Andy,

You better make an INIT patch with all your mappings and save that as a "template". When you create a new patch you start from your init patch so you have all the mappings in place... and than make your sound.

Thanks for the tip @cherryMitch
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Thanks for the responses. I guess I’ll be creating my own library then. 8-)
cherryMitch

Post by cherryMitch »

Hey Andy, I answered your question wrong, sorry!

Mapping assignments are global settings for the stand-alone, and they're part of the plug-in state for a plug-in (i.e. however you last had it set up).
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Hi CherryMitch,

Thanks for replying. It doesn't seem to be working for me. I saved a new patch called template in the user area with a full mapping. I have come back to it today and the mappings are blank again. I have just run a quick test where I saved a new preset with just the filter mapped. If I the delete the track and re instantiate it, the new preset comes back but the mapping is gone. I'm using Cubase 10.5 pro on a Mac.

Thanks

Andy
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

I've just tried the standalone and it saves the mapping. I thought the mapping might then work in Cubase but it doesn't.

Thanks again

Andy
ShurikenSun

Post by ShurikenSun »

AndyN wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:41 pm I've just tried the standalone and it saves the mapping. I thought the mapping might then work in Cubase but it doesn't.
Saving MIDI mapping does work in Cubase.
You just have to save it as a Cubase preset.
DCO-106.png
DCO-106.png (603.53 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Thanks ShurikenSun,

I should have checked that. It works great.
vagnretur

Post by vagnretur »

So in order to share the the mappings I have done for my Arturia Keylab 49, I create a new patch & share the file that was created in the "/User Presets" folder? I run the DCO-106 on Mac OS X

Return to “DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer”