Why does DCO-106 open a remote connection everytime I load it?

DCO-106 is a virtual polyphonic synthesizer precisely modelling every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer.
sincostan

Why does DCO-106 open a remote connection everytime I load it?

Post by sincostan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:41 pm

I noticed that DCO-106 is creating a remote connection to a server every time I load it.

I have turned all automatic updated and notifications off.

I'm want to ask kindly first, but this kind of behaviour is pretty off-putting and invasive. Is this behaviour documented anywhere?

In case I'm doing a mistake please feel free to correct me. But this is what I see in my network monitor.
Last edited by sincostan on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sincostan

Re: Why does DCO-106 open a remote connection everytime I load it?

Post by sincostan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Ok, VM seems also do it. Hmm.

sincostan

Post by sincostan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 pm

There is no description that an internet connection is needed and it also works offline. That's why I don't understand why a remote connection is established on every start? What's the reason for this? What is transmitted? Is my behaviour logged? Updates are off and showing news is turned off too.

I'm not sure if it's the right place to get this question answered? Cherry Audio?

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi,

The server is checking whether the software is properly activated on that particular computer. You get up to four activations per product, and you can manage activations by logging into your Cherry Audio account (under "Devices").

Greg

martb

Post by martb » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:11 pm

A quote from the VM user guide:
You'll need an active internet connection during initial installation of the primary app, modules, and sound presets, but once installed, you're free to go off the grid...
I couldn't find any info pertinent to DCO106 and running offline, but if it's the same as VM, then it should be possible.

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi,

Right, you can run it with no Internet connection, but if there is one, the software touches base.

Greg