Low Pass Gate functionality

ColinP

Low Pass Gate functionality

Post by ColinP »

The Dual VCA module has been updated and now includes a pair of voltage controlled low-pass filters that become active when the LPF buttons are engaged. This option effectively converts the VCAs into West Coast style Low Pass Gates.

Also, I'm so used to Adroit modules giving visual feedback about their activity that it felt really strange not to be able to see what this module was doing so I've added a pair of meters that show output levels.

Full details at https://www.adroitsynthesis.com/dual-vca/.

dualvca2.png
dualvca2.png (39.58 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
RobB258

Re: Low Pass Gate functionality

Post by RobB258 »

Really looking forward to trying this as I like the old version. Problem is that while I can see the new version in my library when I add or drag it it turns in to the previous version. Very strange ☹️
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Sorry about this Rob. I've emailed CA in the hope they sort this out ASAP.
RobB258

Post by RobB258 »

Many thanks Colin. I have started using this a lot and am looking forward to a simple LPG switching option :D
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Try it again now.

Greg
RobB258

Post by RobB258 »

Hi
I tried it again this morning and still showing new version in library but loading the non LPG version
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

I just tried now.

When I loaded up VM I got prompted about updates to my modules and asking if I wanted to download. I had the old Dual VCA module loaded in the patch, and as soon as the download finished the current patch updated and had the LPG version.

This was on OSX not that I really think it matters. Also got the Dual VCA from the XL bundle, but that also shouldn't matter... but just in case it's working in one place and not another.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Hi everybody,

It's all a bit complicated and opaque. I don't know how CA handle the updates or understand why we sometimes get these problems.

The module is available on its own, as part of Adroit Toolkit and as part of LSSP XL. From something Greg mentioned in an email it appears that these things are all handled separately.

In addition as a developer my view of the Library and modules is different to users, so while everything always looks fine on my machine I can't see what things look like on other people's machines.

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”