New Skin module

ColinP

New Skin module

Post by ColinP »

In response to requests for an alternative to the current background image used by Adroit modules I've developed a Skin module.

This modules enables you to choose between the existing "Classic" background and a new "Plain" one. When PLAIN is selected you can choose the color using the HUE, SATURATIION and BRIGHTNESS knobs.

The Skin module creates a global persistent property that affects all Adroit modules so you can just load it up once, select the skin you want and then remove it.

I'll add the Skin module to Adroit Toolkit as well as the LSSP bundles so it should be available to just about everybody.

Unfortunately this modification involves 46 modules going through Cherry Audio's approval system so it will be a while before it shows up in your Library.

The image below shows the kind of look you'll be able to achieve...
skindemo.png
skindemo.png (280.81 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
Steve W

Re: New Skin module

Post by Steve W »

Kudos for setting the challenge for yourself, for sticking with this goal, and for achieving success here. There are many VM modules I really like, but avoid because they conflict with my eyesight. Perhaps you will inspire others to make visually customizable modules.
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

You continue to impress me with your ability to address wishes/fixes and compose them elegantly into code. Very inspiring for a *just-user* person like me. ;))))
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Thanks, I definitely prefer this.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

The new Skin module should now be available as part of the Adroit Toolkit, LSSP 101 and LSSP XL bundles.

All other Adroit modules have been modified to make the skinning work. So you should get up to 46 modules automatically downloading when you next run Voltage Modular and are online.

The website page for the new Skin module is https://www.adroitsynthesis.com/skin-module/

To check that all modules have downloaded correctly you can use the All Modules patch available at https://www.adroitsynthesis.com/the-all-modules-patch/

After loading the All Modules patch you should be able to locate the Skin module in the bottom right corner. When you click on the PLAIN button every module should change in appearance.

Please do get in touch of you have any problems.

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”