LSSP Launched

ColinP

LSSP Launched

Post by ColinP »

As you can probably see on the CA store, the Large Scale Sequencing Project has finally been published. There are two options LSSP XL and LSSP 101.

I'd like to thank my Beta Testers for their very valuable contributions over many months and also those of you who have been in touch to lend support and encouraging words.

I am something of a perfectionist so there are still a few things I want to tweak but after a full year of intensive effort I felt like I had to release the system now otherwise some might conclude it was all just vapourware. Also some of you were pestering me. ;)

Over the next few months my intention is to make minor improvements to the existing modules, add a few new bonus modules, improve the website and of course fix any bugs that arise. I also hope to spend some time actually making music!

Please feel free to get in touch with bug reports, feature requests or just for a chat either by emailing me at support@adroitsynthesis.com or by posting on this forum.

The website at https://www.adroitsynthesis.com/ has many resources.

I hope you find LSSP a source of creative inspiration.
Doc Joe

Re: LSSP Launched

Post by Doc Joe »

I've just started playing with this system and it is wonderfully nuanced. Complex. Powerful. I can see a lot of potential for control over generative patches. I've started working my way through the tutorials and demos and the more I dig into how you've created the signals, the more options I can see for hacking them for evil, crazy purposes.

I do have a question: will you be adding other scales - Dorian in particular?

Thanks again for these inspiring modules. The LSSP XL is a truly original work of genius.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your very kind words.

I have a Modal Scales module already designed and waiting to be implemented, but as you say LSSP XL is already complex, so rather than just keep developing modules indefinitely it reached a point where I had to slap myself about the face and actually publish.

Hopefully you will like some of the free bonus modules I plan to release in coming months.

But for the moment I'm concentrating on fixing any bugs that arise and making minor tweaks. For instance an improved VCA design should drop into people's libraries in a few days time that no longer pops when fed ultra fast CV transients.

I also want to improve the website.

If you are really keen to use Dorian before I get around to releasing the Modal Scales module then check out this page...

https://www.adroitsynthesis.com/s-poly-connections/

At the bottom it explains how to put together your own custom scales using existing LSSP XL modules. It's not exactly elegant but hopefully you can hack a Dorian S-Poly scale together yourself.
RobB258

Post by RobB258 »

Hi.
Really enjoying the modules especially the sequencers and the time splitters. As far as modal scales go I tend to pull up the VM quantiser, see what the scale is (cos I’m not versed in music theory) and then use the melody sequencer or use the cv sequencer and run it through the quantiser. 🙂

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”