Smoothing option added to AHR Generator

ColinP

Smoothing option added to AHR Generator

Post by ColinP »

There is now an extra button on the Adroit AHR Generator. It's labelled SMTH - short for Smooth.

Smoothing is off by default so this modification will have no impact on existing patches.

When the SMTH button is engaged it softens the existing sharp-edged linear slopes as shown in the CV Watcher image below...
ahrsmoothing.png
ahrsmoothing.png (6.16 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
ColinP

Re: Smoothing option added to AHR Generator

Post by ColinP »

I wasn't at all happy with the SMTH button label as it looked cryptic (it might even have been read as five MTH).

It broke my user interface ethos of everything being as straight-forward as possible, so I've changed it to SOFT.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

ColinP wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:31 pm I wasn't at all happy with the SMTH button label as it looked cryptic (it might even have been read as five MTH).
Yeah, SOFT sounds better. Good call. Every time I saw SMTH it reminded me of a joke from Mary Poppins--the one about the man with the wooden leg . . . .
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

:lol:

I wouldn't want anyone thinking that the new button performed a mysterious "Smith transform" or slowed the cycle down to once every five months.

Hopefully the label change will appear in a day or two once CA have approved the new build.

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”