MIDI Patch update

ColinP

Re: MIDI Patch update

Post by ColinP »

Hopefully this bug is fixed in the new builds just published...

MIDI Patch #25
MIDI Drum Kit #26
MIDI Compensator #16
anonyrat

Post by anonyrat »

Misquote from Rainman "I am an excellent tester"

All three modules are exhibiting the same ...

Notice I enter 81 and press enter in MSB - it doesn't return a red number but stays black on white.
When I enter the LSB number, the MSB goes back to OFF.
Using the arrows works OK as shown.
MidiPatch1.gif
MidiPatch1.gif (2.35 MiB) Viewed 1239 times
I think the problem lies in the floating point spike protein being attacked by over zealous T cells :lol:
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Hi Peter,

Because my code now ignores the Label_Changed event (in order to fix the bug) the first return press simply drops the text field out of edit mode. You now need to press the return key again to enter the data and remove the black on white editing field.

It's really inelegant as I said earlier as you now need not only an extra left click to enter but also an extra return press to exit the text entry mode.

I'm not particularly happy about how it works which is why it's an undocumented feature.

I personally use the arrow buttons with the shift key as it's generally easier to change the settings that way.

To increment/decrement by 1 click on an arrow button. To increment/decrement by 10 hold down the shift key and click on an arrow button. Holding down an arrow button for a while engages auto-repeat. With a little practice this becomes really easy to do.

In comparison to do text entry you need to do a triple click on the digital display, enter the numbers and then press return twice.
anonyrat

Post by anonyrat »

Thanks Colin,

I think this dog is to old to change, so will stick to double entry book keeping.
Appreciate the effort you have put into this.
Now I will just get on and use them...

Cheers Peter
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

anonyrat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:03 pm Thanks Colin,

I think this dog is to old to change, so will stick to double entry book keeping.
Appreciate the effort you have put into this.
Now I will just get on and use them...

Cheers Peter
Thanks for all your patience and top quality feedback. PM me if you fancy joining the Beta Testing team.

It's a compromise solution and far from ideal and the temptation was to just drop the text entry feature, as digital counters in other modules don't allow text entry, but I figured several users had probably discovered the hidden feature and now rely on it.

In an ideal world a right click on any digital counter marked as editable by the developer would pop-up CA's rather nice standard Edit Value dialog. I asked CA ages ago if it was possible to call up that dialog so that modules could all share the same look and feel but they said no.

In the future I may well come back to the issue and code a more elegant solution but at the moment I'm trying to concentrate on developing a sophisticated audio domain product that I hope to put into beta in spring.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Colin

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”