Harmony Module

flucatcher

Re: Harmony Module

Post by flucatcher » Tue May 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Hey, a new version is released that highlights the currently playing chord set.

I have also fixed a bug with the octave control reported by jgillmanjr (octave offset was applied twice).

Regards
Tobias

tgrey

Post by tgrey » Wed May 19, 2021 9:36 pm

I'm still pretty new to this ecosystem, so I apologize if this is a dumb question or I'm missing something obvious...

Did this update actually get pushed to the public, or perhaps is it waiting on authorization from C.A. or something? I haven't seen it show in the "New or Updated" section of VM, the web help page says it was last updated on March 11th, and I still don't see the chord sets updated when controlled via cv.

No rush, just eager to see this... thanks!

Steve W

Post by Steve W » Wed May 19, 2021 10:30 pm

Yesterday I was looking for it, too. (Like you I also checked to see if the CV control of chords worked.) After several attempts including using the built in refresh modules button I assumed it was still going through the CA pipeline to the store. Just checked; still not showing in New/Updated.

flucatcher

Post by flucatcher » Thu May 20, 2021 5:43 am

My bad, seems to be a small bug in the admin system that prevents me from publishing the new version, I have raised it with Cherry Audio.

flucatcher

Post by flucatcher » Sat May 22, 2021 9:16 am

Hey, can you give it a try now, should be updated.

Steve W

Post by Steve W » Sat May 22, 2021 11:40 am

Yes, its there!! :-) I did a quick test of one of my CV -> Chord Set patches. I will have to do some more testing. In that patch the CV -> Chord Set [CHD] control causes the Chord Sets [A -> L] to change with a grey color while the manually selected one is green. The sound of the chord structure [Root -> 13th] changes according to the CV change, but the buttons do not change. For a quick test, DC Source to the CHD control input also shows this.

Maybe there is another way to do what I want; I will have to test some more.

FYI: I am using the CV Output of the 8-Step Sequencer to the top flex-patch input set to CHD. The basic concept here is to use CVs to the chord set [A -> L] which at the same time shows corresponding changes to the structure [Root -> 13th].

By comparison, if the trigger output of the 8-step is connected to next or previous, the selected chord in the Chord Set and the corresponding structure update in green.

Thank you for this module. I still think it is awesome! (As for me, I am in no rush; so if you are working on other modules, that's fine with me; I appreciate your dedication and continued improvements to this module!!)