Harmony Module

flucatcher

Re: Harmony Module

Post by flucatcher »

Hey, a new version is released that highlights the currently playing chord set.

I have also fixed a bug with the octave control reported by jgillmanjr (octave offset was applied twice).

Regards
Tobias
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

I'm still pretty new to this ecosystem, so I apologize if this is a dumb question or I'm missing something obvious...

Did this update actually get pushed to the public, or perhaps is it waiting on authorization from C.A. or something? I haven't seen it show in the "New or Updated" section of VM, the web help page says it was last updated on March 11th, and I still don't see the chord sets updated when controlled via cv.

No rush, just eager to see this... thanks!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Yesterday I was looking for it, too. (Like you I also checked to see if the CV control of chords worked.) After several attempts including using the built in refresh modules button I assumed it was still going through the CA pipeline to the store. Just checked; still not showing in New/Updated.
flucatcher

Post by flucatcher »

My bad, seems to be a small bug in the admin system that prevents me from publishing the new version, I have raised it with Cherry Audio.
flucatcher

Post by flucatcher »

Hey, can you give it a try now, should be updated.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Yes, its there!! :-) I did a quick test of one of my CV -> Chord Set patches. I will have to do some more testing. In that patch the CV -> Chord Set [CHD] control causes the Chord Sets [A -> L] to change with a grey color while the manually selected one is green. The sound of the chord structure [Root -> 13th] changes according to the CV change, but the buttons do not change. For a quick test, DC Source to the CHD control input also shows this.

Maybe there is another way to do what I want; I will have to test some more.

FYI: I am using the CV Output of the 8-Step Sequencer to the top flex-patch input set to CHD. The basic concept here is to use CVs to the chord set [A -> L] which at the same time shows corresponding changes to the structure [Root -> 13th].

By comparison, if the trigger output of the 8-step is connected to next or previous, the selected chord in the Chord Set and the corresponding structure update in green.

Thank you for this module. I still think it is awesome! (As for me, I am in no rush; so if you are working on other modules, that's fine with me; I appreciate your dedication and continued improvements to this module!!)
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Harmony contains many features that will enhance my presets. At the moment I pass tutorial presets and found, that mono outputs seem to have an issue. In modes CHORD BOTTOM and CHORD TOP output voltage has an offset of -10 volts. So CV is between -14 and -6 volts, depending on octave setting. That's far away of usual pitch voltage range.
CTP_mode.jpg
CTP_mode.jpg (120.57 KiB) Viewed 4767 times
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Meanwhile I continued testing and found another strange behavior: Out put chord of a chord storage depends on previously selected chord storage.
In this test preset I stored chords on places A to H:
test_preset.jpg
test_preset.jpg (237.08 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
When I select place B, then place A, I get another chord than after a step from C to A. Same is with all other steps D to A ... H to A:
all_steps_to_A.jpg
all_steps_to_A.jpg (126.63 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
I'd expect same chord on a storage place as programmed.

Additionally I wanna recommend an enhancement: :idea:
A stepped selection of stored chords is already possible with CV inputs PRV and NXT. There's a place free. How about a reset CV input, that selects place A?
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Hi Roland,

I've not looked at this closely (I'm extremely busy) but the issue might be strange readings from my Note Watcher module. When you use the poly pitch POLY IN connection you should also connect a poly gate cable to GATE IN otherwise you might get weird hangovers from previous states.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Hi Colin,
don't worry. Your Note Watcher works fine. One can here the different chords. I only used your module to illustrate my experience.

Return to “weevil”