Vector Processor drops into Lab Bundle

MRBarton

Vector Processor drops into Lab Bundle

Post by MRBarton »

As promised, another pair of modules has appeared in everyone's Laboratory Bundle. This one does vector processing and I think you all will enjoy it. Check it out in the store where you will find the description, instructions, and the link to the video manual. I'm old, and this is my first Youtube video, so don't you guys laugh at me! I hope you find it informative and I'll be making more video manuals in the near future. I'm up for suggestions on which module should be next. I'm almost sure it's the Zeroscillator.
HowlingMod

Re: Vector Processor drops into Lab Bundle

Post by HowlingMod »

MRBarton wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:15 am As promised, another pair of modules has appeared in everyone's Laboratory Bundle. This one does vector processing and I think you all will enjoy it. Check it out in the store where you will find the description, instructions, and the link to the video manual. I'm old, and this is my first Youtube video, so don't you guys laugh at me! I hope you find it informative and I'll be making more video manuals in the near future. I'm up for suggestions on which module should be next. I'm almost sure it's the Zeroscillator.
the video explains the potential of the vector processors well.

yes next module! zerooscillator!

but also, for example the VCF from the Lab bundle, this filter has own properties. is this an english sentence. you explain it yourself in the description, and the use as resonators, for pyshical modelling, in your patch, here, on this forum.
the distinction of the VCO, VCF, VCA, etc. with other "similar" modules, a question that was asked also in this forum.
they work somewhat differently, i notice my self, or better: the resulting sound, the results you get, are different with other VCO's, VCF's etc.

a focus on their special characteristics.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

MRBarton wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:15 am As promised, another pair of modules has appeared in everyone's Laboratory Bundle. This one does vector processing and I think you all will enjoy it. Check it out in the store where you will find the description, instructions, and the link to the video manual. I'm old, and this is my first Youtube video, so don't you guys laugh at me! I hope you find it informative and I'll be making more video manuals in the near future. I'm up for suggestions on which module should be next. I'm almost sure it's the Zeroscillator.
Mark, this module is frightenly fantastic! In fact I am patching Cherry Audio's AirWave into your Vector Processor, because it absolutely beats the internal vector of AirWave. :mrgreen:
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

Thanks so much. I'm wondering if the video was of help to you. I'm making more and am trying to decide how much detail I should go into. I'm doing one for the Zeroscillator right now and it's getting quite long. Would that turn you off, or would you sit through the whole thing?
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

MRBarton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:22 am Thanks so much. I'm wondering if the video was of help to you. I'm making more and am trying to decide how much detail I should go into. I'm doing one for the Zeroscillator right now and it's getting quite long. Would that turn you off, or would you sit through the whole thing?
you ask it someone else, but i will give my answer. the video was a great help to me.

for the zeroscillator; yes detail. i am used to rolf kasten's tutorials for softube modular, very very detailed.

the zeroscillator is an extensive module. perhaps add markers, or how do you call it, chapters?, in description you can, you know, in YT, set what you explain.

for me no problem when it is long. and when i watched it, and a know the zeroscillator, but still, i think i don't think i really mastered it.
and when i watched it, and want to freshen up a certain "part", the markers/chapter possibilitie of YT will help.
people can also skip.

a short of comprimise.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

MRBarton

Zeroscillator video

Post by MRBarton »

The long awaited how-to video on the Zeroscillator is finally done and up on Youtube: https://youtu.be/q6XIorA0r8Y
It's 35 minutes long, but I didn't have time to make it any shorter. There are chapter markers so you can go back and review.
I would love some feedback on these videos so I can tailor them into being the most helpful. Please enjoy your ZO brain-boost.
HowlingMod

Re: Zeroscillator video

Post by HowlingMod »

MRBarton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:57 am The long awaited how-to video on the Zeroscillator is finally done and up on Youtube: https://youtu.be/q6XIorA0r8Y
It's 35 minutes long, but I didn't have time to make it any shorter. There are chapter markers so you can go back and review.
I would love some feedback on these videos so I can tailor them into being the most helpful. Please enjoy your ZO brain-boost.
this indeed a ZO brain-boost! i learned a lot. the manual, or the text gives you a lot, but seeing, it with scopes, it understand it better now.
i normally don't care about ratio's with FM in modulars, but perhaps i must care more.

this half hour of watching went by very quickly. so a good tutorial. your voice is excellent by the way for explaining (strange phrasing; i mean you have a good voice, also important..) and you explain it well. sometimes, you mention the morphs at one one, when they weren't connected.

for an half hour it is really well done, it is complex oscillator, not anymore, haha. some things i didn't know, but only did by ear, listening.
i already used the morp outputs, but didn't use stereo. great.

didn't use the FM index + modulator, now i will use it! and thanks for the chapters! it is easy, i have looked the whole video, while i am experimenting, to refresh, or to look up stuff.

that stacking of voltages (pun intended), never thought of it, but i did experienced it, never thought about it.

i am not a noob, nor expert. this video is great! for me absolutely not long. this is what needed to explain the full features.

expect people to ask for the patches in the video, that aren't in the zeroscillator preset bundle.

and the introduction! i like it!

and the wheel great! and some in depth stuff! this is what is needed to grasp a module like this ánd it will help you understand the ways of modular.

recommended video!

so i had a great 35 minutes! and i have the feeling that i can get the zeroscillator as a whole.

TZFM was never explained so well, by the way! or i didn't see it..

EDIT: posted it also in voltage modular user group.

martb

Post by martb »

Just watched it and I can join the chorus of thank you's :) I'm a fan of going back to first principals which you did very well with the wheel analogy. Also, I didn't know that little fact about stacking the cables to increase the output - really useful!
Anyway, very well done. It was a pleasure to watch and listen to :D
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

MRBarton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:22 am Thanks so much. I'm wondering if the video was of help to you. I'm making more and am trying to decide how much detail I should go into. I'm doing one for the Zeroscillator right now and it's getting quite long. Would that turn you off, or would you sit through the whole thing?
Contrary to my usual habits I actually watched the tutorial before pluggin in anything,, and I am glad I did so. Now I really can say, I know what everything does - and it does it so well! Now it is time to master the Zero-Osc. :D
You say you have not done these kind of videos before, but one would not assume. You do a fantastic job.
Now the curiosity again, what will we see next :mrgreen:

Return to “MRB”