Octagon...how to switch between multiple octagons?

grooveq

Octagon...how to switch between multiple octagons?

Post by grooveq »

I admit i'm pretty new to Voltage but i can't get my head around how/what to use to switch between multiple octagons? Ideally i'd like a button or switch to re-route them to my patch's synth/voice setup Any ideas?
Voltage Modular / Cubase 11 / Pro Tools 18 / HALion 6 / Reason 11

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.14.6

UAD Apollo Quad, Motu 828 mkII & mk3 / Avid Artist Control / Blackmagic Intensity Pro
schoekah

Re: Octagon...how to switch between multiple octagons?

Post by schoekah »

grooveq wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:50 am I admit i'm pretty new to Voltage but i can't get my head around how/what to use to switch between multiple octagons? Ideally i'd like a button or switch to re-route them to my patch's synth/voice setup Any ideas?
Hi, better late than never, maybe. .
If you want to do it manually, I'd say 1x8 or 8x1 switch. . . it has a "manual step" button that you can hit to change either your source or destination, depending on which switch that you're using. It also has a step trigger, in case you want to have it switch automatically by using some clock signal, slowed down a lot by a sync divider. It also has "step CV", in case you want some kind of event to switch it (if you can get that event to send a particular voltage, ex. 4.5v to 4.75 volts = switch to jack 7)

you could also use the boolean logic module to send a trigger to a switch, if conditions are met
sample and hold outputting random voltages to switch's step CV to get a random jack
MIDI file player/MIDI to CV to a switch, or threshold module

cheers!

Return to “Cherry Audio”